Sign in with
Your question

AD

Last response: in Windows 8
February 6, 2013 1:00:15 AM

Hello,

Recently I had authentication issues. This forced me to point copiers with scan to home folders features to a specific DC. When users want to scan somthing to their home dirve. They logon to AD at the copier and run there scan. I was wondering if I configured 400 copiers the same way pointing at the same DC. Would a single DC be able to handle all the authentication request?

Thanks,

More about : ad

a b 8 Security
a b * Windows 8
February 6, 2013 1:55:25 AM

Yes, but a better way would be to point it to a dns name that can easily be updated. What happens when that DC dies? What about scan to e-mail?
m
l
February 12, 2013 11:10:40 PM

ss202sl,

Thank you very much for the reply. As always I am last in line to work on these things and three weeks into the deployment they needed a quick fix. After reading up on the venders documentation to learn more about the device. It turns out that the copiers have a software switch the allows thie system to use either FQDN or Nebios. By defaulf the system is set to use FQDN so nothing else worked. After reading your reply I realized WOW one point of failure :o  Not Good.

So when you say point to DNS name you mean netbios name that is register in DNS?
m
l
!