Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Use Bother GTX 660Ti & GTX 680?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
January 10, 2013 4:29:49 AM

Hi Guys!

I have 2 brand new GFX cards, reason is, i bought a GTX 660ti a little while a go and it was faulty so i sent it back and then they sent me a new one, since then i have not opened it. But, i have decided to build a new PC and i have got myself a GTX 680. I was wondering, when i build my PC, would i be able to use both the GTX 680 and the GTX 660Ti?

If i can not, i will prob sell the GTX 660 Ti.

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
January 10, 2013 4:42:20 AM

If you're planning to go SLI, nVidia's name for a multi-GPU setup, then I am sorry to tell you that it;s not possible. You need atleast to identical GPUs and the same memory capacities in order to do SLI.
Share
January 10, 2013 4:45:55 AM

Best answer selected by KevinPJH.
m
0
l
Related resources
January 10, 2013 4:46:50 AM

faster23rd said:
If you're planning to go SLI, nVidia's name for a multi-GPU setup, then I am sorry to tell you that it;s not possible. You need atleast to identical GPUs and the same memory capacities in order to do SLI.


Thank you! :)  In that case, i will sell my GTX 660 Ti and buy another GTX 680 in the future.
m
0
l
January 10, 2013 4:47:05 AM

You can use 1 of the GPU's for Graphics and the other for Physx.
m
0
l
January 10, 2013 6:45:07 AM

plasmaj12345 said:
You can use 1 of the GPU's for Graphics and the other for Physx.

Sorry i am new to this kind of thing. How would one do this?
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
January 10, 2013 8:41:15 AM

KevinPJH said:
Sorry i am new to this kind of thing. How would one do this?


Well, PhysX basically delegates another discrete GPU the task of calculating for physics. The PhysX card doesn't necessarily have to be the same as your main card, but I am unsure if you can use an AMD card. Refer to this article for a better ideal: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-crossfire-nvidi...
m
0
l
January 10, 2013 10:59:23 AM

no don't use a 660 ti for physx for sure just sell it and get ur self a 650 or 550 ti for Physx and save this money :) 
m
0
l
!