Windows won't boot after GTX 660 Ti install.

Skilage

Honorable
Jan 10, 2013
So, this is my first post in this forum and my first home built PC.

I recently built my PC (stats below) without a graphics card, everything has been running fine. I then installed my graphics card and since cannot boot into Windows 8. When I turn on the PC it either freezes at the Windows loading screen or on just a plain black screen. The fan on the graphics card is rotationg, i am plugged into the card via HDMI to my monitor.

I've tried re-installing Windows 8 countless times but had no luck, I also disabled the on-board graphics drivers before install. I made sure everything was turned off and un-plugged before I did anything!

Would be gratreful for any help or advice.

Specs:
Asus P8Z77 - V
i5 IvyBridge 3570K - Overclocked to 4.5 GHz
16 GB 1600 Mhz Corsair Vengence
Corsair TX650M 650 W Power Supply
EVGA 3GB GTX 660 Ti FTW edition

Skilage

Honorable
Jan 10, 2013
I've managed to boot into Safe Mode and download and install the latest nVidia Drivers for my card. The PC will now boot and display the Windows logo for a few seconds and then both the motherboard and the graphics card will cease to output an image to the monitor.

blacknemesist

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2012
Have you connected the PCI-E plugs into the gpu?
When installing the GPU were you using rubber gloves or anything to keep static electricity from damaging the card?

Try setting the i5 to stock and try booting.
Failing that clear the CMOS and try again.
If after all that is still fails run Memtest64.
Failing that take the computer to the store so they can sort out the problems.

Skilage

Honorable
Jan 10, 2013
Thank you for your response. I have however fixed the problem after 8 hours of tinkering!

Turns out it was a driver issue. I had to boot to safe mode and install the latest drivers for the card as well as disabling the current Intel HD 4000 Graphics; un-installing the Intel Drivers didn't seem to work.