Best Surface for Cyborg RAT 9 gaming mouse

sarthak196

Honorable
Feb 28, 2013
Hello,

I recently got the Cyborg RAT 9 gaming mouse but i am having difficulties with the mouse as it is always freezing and jumping around around my screen. I am 100% sure the problem lies with my surface because i have replaced the mouse already. I am currently using Razer's IronClad gaming surface.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you

spawnkiller

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
did you've tried it on the wood, glass or simply your desk material ??? (and did it have any problems on it)

I'm running a CM storm sentinel and it don't like glass (8200dpi to about 400dpi on glass as it don't pick up the change in the material) but i had a 2000dpi Razer deathadder that liked glass and was more accurate on the glass than on the wood surface... so it's all about the kind of sensor your mouse have and what dpi you're running out of it...

If you can try to find one surface that this mice like, you'll be satisfied and resolve all this issue...

sarthak196

Honorable
Feb 28, 2013
thanks but its a pretty expensive mouse and it would be a shame to run it on my wooden table to glass. BTW it has a twin-eye sensor manufactured by samsung and i run it at 800 dpi.

I believe he's suggesting you try various surfaces to troubleshoot. If you have issues with all of them the mouse is your problem. If it works on a different mouse pad or surface then your current mouse pad is the issue. Pretty simple to troubleshoot actually.

There may be other troubleshooting tips. I assume you have the proper drivers as well.

I've heard awesome things about the new Razer "Destructor 2":
http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mouse-pads/razer-destructor-2

I own a Noctua aluminum mousepad which I love but some might not.

I suggest returning the RAT 9 and buying something better/cheaper. I had a rat 7 and did what you did, try a bunch of difference surfaces, settings, etc. No matter what I did the cursor would freeze, jump around, and sometimes randomly spin in circles.

Did it do the Hokey-Pokey?

I plan to mod mine in the next few days :D
Those blue LED's gonna become red.

I'l try adding some weight to the internals when I bust it open and see how I like it. Maybe giving it a bit more heft will be good, though I'l likely have to up the DPI to compensate.

I LOVED my Logitech MX518 but when I tried to replace (forget the model) everyone said the quality was no longer that good compared to the MX518.

I bought a Noctua 8200 which is growing on me but I can't recommend it yet.

I'm not recommending a specific mouse, but a couple tips:
1) look for quality build over features
2) make sure it has the basic features you want:
- Forward button
- Back Button
- up/down to change DPI
- NOT wireless (yet)
- BRAIDED CORD if possible.

My biggest advice is GO INTO A STORE and try some.
- How easy is the scroll wheel?
- Mouse too big? Too small?

*MOUSE PAD:
I've got TWO recommendations:
1) Mionix, Ensis 320
http://mionix.net/products/ensis-320/

2) Razer Destructor 2
http://www.razerzone.com/ca-en/store/razer-destructor-2

It comes down to price and personal preference. I had a great pad before (forget name) from Staples but it had a hard rubber surface that turned shiny when cleaning it.

The above two pads are awesome but have a very different feel. The aluminum felt weird at first but it's really grown on me and I think it will last a long time.

Superari

Honorable
Sep 8, 2013

Bro, if you run it at 800 then you shoulda bought a R.A.T 3. they are exactly the same except the fact that the R.A.T 9 can go to 9900 dps. while the R.A.T 3 can go to 3300