Nokia 6230 Battery discharges faster ?

Last response: in Brands
June 25, 2005 12:57:02 PM

Hello , I got a brand new nokia 6230 4 days back and find that my
batter doesnt stay longer than 1 - 1.5 day .. Displays the 'low
battery' indicator .. I'm sure my bluetooth is turned off .

I think I've charged for about 1 - 1.5 hours for the first time usage
and started using it after it said 'battery full'. Could that be the
cause ?

Any way to work around this ?

TIA,
June 25, 2005 8:14:47 PM

had same prob after 4 or 5 charge was okay
<mikelarry88@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello , I got a brand new nokia 6230 4 days back and find that my
> batter doesnt stay longer than 1 - 1.5 day .. Displays the 'low
> battery' indicator .. I'm sure my bluetooth is turned off .
>
> I think I've charged for about 1 - 1.5 hours for the first time usage
> and started using it after it said 'battery full'. Could that be the
> cause ?
>
> Any way to work around this ?
>
> TIA,

Anonymous
June 25, 2005 11:12:54 PM

<mikelarry88@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello , I got a brand new nokia 6230 4 days back and find that my
> batter doesnt stay longer than 1 - 1.5 day .. Displays the 'low
> battery' indicator .. I'm sure my bluetooth is turned off .
>
> I think I've charged for about 1 - 1.5 hours for the first time usage
> and started using it after it said 'battery full'. Could that be the
> cause ?
>
> Any way to work around this ?
>
> TIA,

Fully charge, and Fully DISCHARGE the battery (by normal use) a few times,
to "condition" the battery.

Bear in mind, however, that the 6230 supports a colour screen, wallpaper,
and lots of other tricks that you may have "been playing with" initially.
Normally one would do this with a "new toy".

Once you are used to the phone, and the functions, and are not "playing for
the hell of it", you may find that the battery lasts a little longer.

Good luck

Cheers
!