Budget High Resolution Monitor

techbaddie

Honorable
Apr 18, 2012
Hello all,

I am looking for a monitor that is 27 inch's, PLS, and a resolution of 1440p.

The only thing in my price range ($400-$500) is some knockoff Crossover, is it even worthy?

Anyone have any suggestions on a monitor I might be able to afford for that price, or maybe plus $100.

I will be doing only gaming on this monitor, no FPS, all MMO's...

Thanks

Yes. The port going into the monitor was weird, but coming out of the power adapter was a normal psu cable. They sell out fast so check your local store and see when they are in stock. I got the second to last one last weekend at my local store.

Skippy27

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2009

You do realize that there are only a few companies that actually make the panels and companies that sell you the monitors and TV all purchase from them right?

The difference is that a Tier 1 manufacturer will get to go in and pick the quality panels first, then tier 2 and tier 3 and so on. Obviously early tiers pay the higher prices for their stuff. This explains a lot of the cost difference, but it doesn't explain it all as all the work they put into making the picture better goes beyond just the panel. But also, many companies simply buy from the same makers and re-badge and package the screens in different bezels.

That is 99% of the reason a Westinghouse TV looks like crap compared to a LG or Samsung and the reason why you have very cheap 27" monitors compared to expensive 27" monitors. That other 1% is split with .8% to the marketing that companies like Monster and Bose spend to make you think their polished standard products are actually better than anyone else's and .2% to those companies that know some people will simply pay more thinking the higher price equals better quality somehow.

chugot9218

Honorable
Well, I totally agree about Monster but I don't know what people's beef is with BOSE, I feel like BOSE at least isn't trying to sucker people into buying overpriced stuff like Monster, BOSE just advertises itself as a high-end speaker maker, whether it is justified or not, and people will buy it. Best Buy tried to sell my dad 2 3ft and a 1 6ft diamond/carbon fibre something or other plated HDMI monster cable, 12 ft of cable only 800 bucks what a steal, only half the price of the damn TV.

But for premium technology like that I would much rather just save my money and buy a quality one that lasts, although I even think the price difference between a Dell 1440p and one of the off brands like BenQ is insane, its like a 300 dollar difference for the same size.

techbaddie

Honorable
Apr 18, 2012
Ok,
So the majority of the people commenting on here would agree that the Auria is a decent monitor for the price? Especially for gaming MMo's?

techbaddie

Honorable
Apr 18, 2012

The response time isn't to noticeable as well? I think it's 6.5 or something. I am going to get a VESA mount for it as well. I just wish the bezel looked different.

You might want to research the korean catleap monitors sold on e-bay. They are 2560 x 1440 27" monitore which are made from repurposed apple displays. Gppgle "catleap forum" to find some discussions on them from actual users. Most seem to be very pleased.