Sign in with
Your question

I need some advice on a new pc, around 1000 euros

Last response: in Systems
February 28, 2013 2:31:07 PM

I have been planning to buy a new pc for a couple of months now. But theres a few things I cannot decide on. I will mostly use it for gaming such as farcry, crysis 3 and any upcoming titles. I have a single monitor and Ill be running games in 1920x1080 resolution. I have been trying to find answers for my questions around the web but it feels like its easier to ask specifically and get specific answers. In terms of brands i prefer intel and nvdia.
Here is rougly what I am looking to get;

Corsair Carbide 300R Midi Tower
Intel® Core i5-3570K Processor
Silver Power SP-SS500 500W PSU ATX 12V V2.2, 80 Plus, Standard,
MSI Z77A-G43, Socket-1155 ATX, Z77, DDR3, 1xG3+1xG2-PCIe-x16,
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 8GB CL9
ASUS GeForce GTX 670 2GB PhysX CUDA
Western Digital® Desktop Black 1TB SATA 6Gb/s (SATA 3.0)
*Ive considered a ssd drive but come the conclusion its something I can add later on so that the budget is more lenient.

The two things I cannot decide over is the PSU and the motherboard. Motherboards seem to be a jungle and i honestly dont know much about them at all. I just got the advice to "get a z77". As for PSU I dont know if 500w is enough or if i should get 600w+. I don´t plan to OC my system to much and I dont plan to get another card for SLI. Perhaps additonal hardrives and a ssd.
Buying a new pc is kind of a big deal for me so i want to get it right. I appreciate any advice you guys can give. The store im buying from is komplett.se and they have these semi customizable rigs. This is from http://www.komplett.se/k/config.aspx?ConfigSystemId=107...

More about : advice 1000 euros

February 28, 2013 5:04:46 PM

Hello, I have spent the last few days conversing with some great people on the forum here and I have come up with what will meet my needs... here is my set up that I am going to order... http://pcpartpicker.com/p/GB0k

We sound like we have similar objectives for high-end gaming.

Oh and PC Part Picker is a wonderful website!
!