6230i Current s/w version??

Anyone know of the latest s/w of the 6230i, and 6230, please?

Currently running:-

6230 5.35
6230i 3.30
Thanks
10 answers Last reply
More about 6230i current version

    Kevin I Chapple <kevinx@NOTTHISBITearthling.net> wrote:
    > Anyone know of the latest s/w of the 6230i, and 6230, please?
    >
    > Currently running:-
    >
    > 6230 5.35
    > 6230i 3.30

    The current 6230i firmware, which does not work, is 3.30.

    miguel

    "Miguel Cruz" <mnc@admin.u.nu> wrote in message
    > The current 6230i firmware, which does not work, is 3.30.
    >
    > miguel

    Well, I have v3.30 in my 6230i and it works fine - and has done since I got
    the phone a month ago.

    Whta doesn't work about it?

    Miguel,

    Why the comment "does not work"?

    "Miguel Cruz" <mnc@admin.u.nu> wrote in message
    > Kevin I Chapple <kevinx@NOTTHISBITearthling.net> wrote:
    > > Anyone know of the latest s/w of the 6230i, and 6230, please?
    > >
    > > Currently running:-
    > >
    > > 6230 5.35
    > > 6230i 3.30
    >
    > The current 6230i firmware, which does not work, is 3.30.
    >
    > miguel
    > --
    > Hit The Road! Photos from 36 countries on 5 continents: http://travel.u.nu
    > Latest photos: Queens Day in Amsterdam; the Grand Canyon; Amman, Jordan

    "BT",

    Do you not find that your phone ringtones start quiet, and ascend, in spite
    of having set to loud?

    I'd be interested of your comments.

    "BTConnect" <steve_perry*and*no*s*p*a*m@btclick.com> wrote in message
    > "Miguel Cruz" <mnc@admin.u.nu> wrote in message
    > > The current 6230i firmware, which does not work, is 3.30.
    > >
    > > miguel
    >
    > Well, I have v3.30 in my 6230i and it works fine - and has done since I
    got
    > the phone a month ago.
    >
    > Whta doesn't work about it?

    Kevin I Chapple <kevinx@NOTTHISBITearthling.net> wrote:
    > "Miguel Cruz" <mnc@admin.u.nu> wrote in message
    >> The current 6230i firmware, which does not work, is 3.30.
    >
    > Why the comment "does not work"?

    The email client is broken.

    miguel

    "Kevin I Chapple" <kevinx@NOTTHISBITearthling.net> wrote in message
    > "BT",
    >
    > Do you not find that your phone ringtones start quiet, and ascend, in
    > spite
    > of having set to loud?
    >
    > I'd be interested of your comments.

    No, I always have my ringtones set to maximum; I am using mp3's as ringtones
    (a different mp3 per group) and they always work fine. I _have_ had a
    couple of lockups in a month, mostly after using the Data Suite. I don't
    use phones for email, that's what PCs are for - if someone needs me THAT
    urgently they can phone me! :) and I'll never use the 'camera' unless I need
    an instant record of an event such as an accident. If I could have bought
    it without a camera I would have done.

    If you want to try a phone that does have real problems, buy a Symbian based
    one! :)

    Ho Hum on the Symbians....

    I had the 6600 and the 3650.

    My point with the ringtones, and others have reported the same, is that
    (although set to RING, and MAX volume) when an incoming call, or text, the
    alert tone starts quiet(ish) and the ascends to the CORRECT setting/volume.

    I've checked everything, and the rings ARE set to LOUDEST, and NOT
    ascending.

    As a side issue, I have also found the 6230i a little slower than the 6230.
    :-(

    Cheers

    > "Kevin I Chapple" <kevinx@NOTTHISBITearthling.net> wrote in message
    > > "BT",
    > >
    > > Do you not find that your phone ringtones start quiet, and ascend, in
    > > spite
    > > of having set to loud?
    > >
    > > I'd be interested of your comments.
    >
    > No, I always have my ringtones set to maximum; I am using mp3's as
    ringtones
    > (a different mp3 per group) and they always work fine. I _have_ had a
    > couple of lockups in a month, mostly after using the Data Suite. I don't
    > use phones for email, that's what PCs are for - if someone needs me THAT
    > urgently they can phone me! :) and I'll never use the 'camera' unless I
    need
    > an instant record of an event such as an accident. If I could have bought
    > it without a camera I would have done.
    >
    > If you want to try a phone that does have real problems, buy a Symbian
    based
    > one! :)

    Mmm.

    I have no problem with my e-mail client, although both Vodafone, and Nokia
    were about as much use as a chocolate tea pot, when it came to setting it
    up!!

    The set up config is NOT the same as in the 6230, so one couldn't just
    replicate the settings.

    Managed to do it in the end though.

    Cheers

    > Kevin I Chapple <kevinx@NOTTHISBITearthling.net> wrote:
    > > "Miguel Cruz" <mnc@admin.u.nu> wrote in message
    > >> The current 6230i firmware, which does not work, is 3.30.
    > >
    > > Why the comment "does not work"?
    >
    > The email client is broken.
    >
    > miguel
    > --
    > Hit The Road! Photos from 36 countries on 5 continents: http://travel.u.nu
    > Latest photos: Queens Day in Amsterdam; the Grand Canyon; Amman, Jordan

    Kevin I Chapple <kevinx@NOTTHISBITearthling.net> wrote:
    > I have no problem with my e-mail client, although both Vodafone, and Nokia
    > were about as much use as a chocolate tea pot, when it came to setting it
    > up!!

    Are you using POP or IMAP? I have tried with several IMAP servers and in
    each case it is able to retrieve the "From" and "Subject" headers but
    garbles the message itself.

    miguel

    Using POP e-mail. No problems.

    Can retrieve and read normal mails, but not able to see attachments. (file
    too large).

    Cheers