Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Some questions about my build

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
Share
February 21, 2013 10:39:49 AM

Hello!

Its the first time i'm making a computer, so id like some advice.

First of all, is there any bottlenecks in this build:

Case - NZXT Phantom bigtower orange
CPU - Intel i5 3570k
Motherboard - ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE
RAM - Corsair 16GB DDR3 1600MHz(4x4)Vengeance
Graphics/video card - GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 670 OC (2 GB DDR5)
Hard drive(s) - OCZ Agility 3 SSD - 256GB
Cooling - CPU Standard
Optical drive (DVD burner or Blu-ray) - LG GH24NS90
Network Interface Card - Netgear GA311 1000Mbit
Wi-Fi -Intel Ultimate N WiFi Link 6300
USB2 card -ASUS U3S6 USB3.0 controller
Operating System - Microsoft Windows 8


Second, what PSU do i need?


Thanks in advance :D 
Have a nice day :) 

More about : questions build

February 21, 2013 2:04:15 PM

Quote:
Hello!

Its the first time i'm making a computer, so id like some advice.

First of all, is there any bottlenecks in this build:

Case - NZXT Phantom bigtower orange
CPU - Intel i5 3570k
Motherboard - ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE
RAM - Corsair 16GB DDR3 1600MHz(4x4)Vengeance
Graphics/video card - GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 670 OC (2 GB DDR5)
Hard drive(s) - OCZ Agility 3 SSD - 256GB
Cooling - CPU Standard
Optical drive (DVD burner or Blu-ray) - LG GH24NS90
Network Interface Card - Netgear GA311 1000Mbit
Wi-Fi -Intel Ultimate N WiFi Link 6300
USB2 card -ASUS U3S6 USB3.0 controller
Operating System - Microsoft Windows 8


Second, what PSU do i need?


Thanks in advance :D 
Have a nice day :) 


Hi - realhardtech suggests a quality 500w(that will also have at least 30 +12v amps)
unit for a sys with a 670.

What is your budget? Need to know that 1st. Easy to recommend a budget PSU
for that build, but you might be want to step up from budget/opening price point
series. Depends on what you want to spend.

Tom
February 28, 2013 8:47:41 AM

Hi again!
My budget is around 2000 USD for the whole build :) 
Related resources
February 28, 2013 12:11:00 PM

Quote:
Hi again!
My budget is around 2000 USD for the whole build :) 


Hi - Put your current selections in partpicker to see
where you are at relative to your budget.

http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/

If you are going to be gaming, you can save some $$ & get 8g
of ram instead of 16g.
February 28, 2013 12:18:14 PM

Quote:
Hi again!
My budget is around 2000 USD for the whole build :) 


Hi - why a micro atx motherboard? with that case
February 28, 2013 1:42:23 PM

Swap the motherboard for an Asrock z77 Extreme4 and use the money saved to buy a GTX 680 instead of a 670.
February 28, 2013 2:47:55 PM

I would also like to mention that im probably going to overclock my 3570k to 4.5 Ghz
February 28, 2013 2:51:09 PM

Quote:
I would also like to mention that im probably going to overclock my 3570k to 4.5 Ghz


NP - 500w should still do it, I'd look for a quality 500-550w unit, as
you will now most like want to add an aftermarket cooler.
February 28, 2013 3:55:31 PM

This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Systems by Mousemonkey
!