Closed Solved

Gpu Question

Hello I just built my first computer and have a question. I did not get a gpu because I didn't have enough money at the time. I could purchase a low end one soon around $75 like a 6670. Or i could Wait 1-3 months gather some more money and hope for a price drop and get a 7850-7870.

Here are my specs
CPU
Amd Phenom x4 945
corespeed: @3.30 MHz

RAM
Kingston HyperX
8gb

Cooling
Hyper 212+

Motherboard
Asus M5A78L-M LX PLUS
Hard Drive

Power
Cosair GS600

Graphics
Mobo

Optical Drive
Asus Dvd Burner (Enough to Install Windows)

Case
Zalman Z9 U3

Thanks in advance
-Ian
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about question
  1. Hi. What's your monitor resolution? If you want to game at high resolution like 1920 x 1080 and can wait, I suggest waiting for a better card.
  2. Right now my monitor res is 1920 by 1024 i belive. But once i get a Gpu my next upgrade will be a 1080p monitor.
  3. Best answer
    For that resolution you should go with at least the HD 7850 as you've said. Since the price difference between the HD 7850 2GB and the HD 7870/GTX 660 isn't that much, I suggest going with those instead if you can.
  4. Okay I think I will suffer with the mobo graphics and not being able to play Planetside 2 for a few months and get a beast of a graphics card instead. Thanks for the help. ALso one more thing whats better the 7870 or 660?\

Thanks again
    Ian
  5. I can't answer that since they're not that different. You can find many threads on this subject here and you'll have plenty of time to decide. I personally go with the cheapest one since I don't prefer one over the other. You're welcome.
  6. Best answer selected by istratmoen.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards GPUs Graphics