procedure entry point Bink

I can't get Conflict Desert Storm II back to bagdad (Atari heroes collection)
to run. It gives a black screen. If I try to run it from within the CD
drive it gave an error message "Could not locate the binkw32.dll:" file. I
found the binkw32.dll file off a website and now it gives the message "The
procedure entry point_BinkDX8 Surface Type@4 could not be located in the
dynamic link library binkw32.dll".

From looking on a website it seems that the file I found is incompatible
with the instruction in the computer's code. Can anyone help me? Can anyone
tell me where to find a version of this file that will work with this game?

"Grunty" <Grunty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I can't get Conflict Desert Storm II back to bagdad (Atari heroes
>collection)
> to run. It gives a black screen. If I try to run it from within the CD
> drive it gave an error message "Could not locate the binkw32.dll:" file.
> found the binkw32.dll file off a website and now it gives the message "The
> procedure entry point_BinkDX8 Surface Type@4 could not be located in the
> dynamic link library binkw32.dll".
>
> From looking on a website it seems that the file I found is incompatible
> with the instruction in the computer's code. Can anyone help me? Can
> anyone
> tell me where to find a version of this file that will work with this
> game?

Hello.

Try this one www.windowsresource.net/files/binkw32.zip (will only be
available for a few days).

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

*Remove 'nospam.' to reply by e-mail*

"Paul Smith" wrote:

> "Grunty" <Grunty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I can't get Conflict Desert Storm II back to bagdad (Atari heroes
> >collection)
> > to run. It gives a black screen. If I try to run it from within the CD
> > drive it gave an error message "Could not locate the binkw32.dll:" file.
> > found the binkw32.dll file off a website and now it gives the message "The
> > procedure entry point_BinkDX8 Surface Type@4 could not be located in the
> > dynamic link library binkw32.dll".
> >
> > From looking on a website it seems that the file I found is incompatible
> > with the instruction in the computer's code. Can anyone help me? Can
> > anyone
> > tell me where to find a version of this file that will work with this
> > game?
>
> Hello.
>
> Try this one www.windowsresource.net/files/binkw32.zip (will only be
> available for a few days).
>
> --
> Paul Smith,
> Yeovil, UK.
> http://www.windowsresource.net/
>
> *Remove 'nospam.' to reply by e-mail*

Paul, thanks alot for that. The game *kind of* works now. One little
problem I still have is that I still get a black screen *but* if I click with
the LMB then the game starts. When I run it from the CD drive it gives an
error message in a small windows type box. It says in windows box "Failed to
open (at the top of the box) then inside "font_m.img". (I'm not impressed
with Atari's quality control.). At this point I haven't tried the game so
I'm not sure if anything else wrong.

> Paul, thanks alot for that. The game *kind of* works now. One little
> problem I still have is that I still get a black screen *but* if I click
> with
> the LMB then the game starts. When I run it from the CD drive it gives an
> error message in a small windows type box. It says in windows box "Failed
> open (at the top of the box) then inside "font_m.img". (I'm not impressed
> with Atari's quality control.). At this point I haven't tried the game so
> I'm not sure if anything else wrong.

Hmmm errors like that would point me into thinking the disc is faulty. Have
you tried getting a replacement yet?

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.
http://www.windowsresource.net/

*Remove 'nospam.' to reply by e-mail*

Riza Alfarisi

Honorable

I can't get Conflict Desert Storm II back to bagdad (Atari heroes collection)
to run. It gives a black screen. If I try to run it from within the CD
drive it gave an error message "Could not locate the binkw32.dll:" file. I
found the binkw32.dll file off a website and now it gives the message "The
procedure entry point_BinkDX8 Surface Type@4 could not be located in the
dynamic link library binkw32.dll".

From looking on a website it seems that the file I found is incompatible
with the instruction in the computer's code. Can anyone help me? Can anyone
tell me where to find a version of this file that will work with this game?
////

Answer me :

Comment pls ! Who know about this ?

Why I play Conflict: Desert Storm II