safe game downloads

July 18, 2005 4:37:02 PM

Hello...my daughter has downloaded a game from the internet..I have no idea
where from...but since she has done it my puter is extremely slow....I
imagine my puter is full of other b.s that was downloaded with the game. I
would love to know of some safe sights that she get games from with out all
the other garbage.
thank you for your time advance.
wendy & brittany

More about : safe game downloads

Anonymous
July 18, 2005 5:20:41 PM

First, to fix what your daughter has done, use a Restore Point in System
Restore to go back before she downloaded and installed the game.

I would check the system thoroughly with your anti virus software running
the latest definitions, and also take a look here for information on
malware/spyware/Trojans: www.aumha.org/secure.htm . MVP Jim Eshelman has
several very good - and free - programs to use.

You could check for safe games at http://zone.msn.com/en/root/default.htm .
There are literally tons of games on the site.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"wendy" <wendy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello...my daughter has downloaded a game from the internet..I have no
> idea
> where from...but since she has done it my puter is extremely slow....I
> imagine my puter is full of other b.s that was downloaded with the game. I
> would love to know of some safe sights that she get games from with out
> all
> the other garbage.
> thank you for your time advance.
> wendy & brittany
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 4:32:18 PM

"literally"??

"Chris H." <winxpnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message

<snip>
> You could check for safe games at http://zone.msn.com/en/root/default.htm
..
> There are literally tons of games on the site.
> --
<snip>
!