Brand new build, acting funky

KHCreason

Honorable
Nov 8, 2012
Hello, oh gurus of tech!

As some fo you may remember a while back, I planned a rig to be completed with my tax return. Ended up having to change a bit of the selections due to awesome deals, a couple stupid decisions, etc. Its now fully assembled, looks beautiful and runs like a champ. Its just... also a little odd.

Here is a PCPartPicker of the build. I can't get a DXDiag until I get home, if one is needed.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/GD3r

My biggest complaint right now is that I am getting a DX11 error that says I run out of memory, though iirc it has only happened while BF3 is running. it MAY have happened while I was loading the Minecraft Structure Planner but I am not for sure, because I'm fairly certain I was also messing with BF3 at the time.

I also get horrible terrain effects in-game, namely ghost trees that I can walk through but not see through that no one else sees, and terrain, when shot by helicopter bullets, turns into ugly squares.

I have had the display driver recover itself twice so far, for no apparent reason, and that has NOT happened since I installed the latest BETA drivers rather than the beta 5 build.

I have reinstalled BF3 several times, am running the latest beta drivers, and don't seem to have any other problems in games like Far Cry 3 (save for occasional freezes, but I think that's an unstable mod).

As to my build, I am proud to say I bought exactly zero items at full price, the vast majority of it was well below sticker and I came out under budget even after replacing my keyboard and mouse for others, AND forgetting to plan for a monitor. Huzzah!

Back to the issue at hand, I am planning on reinstalling my operating system, painstakingly going through each and every program, setting, driver, etc to ensure that my pc is set up $200 percent correct, then spend the weekend with Furmark, Heaven, and 3dMark, and whatever else I can find to compare the stability and proper function of my machine to.

thoughts? I have not yet overclocked, but I fully intend to do so. Thoughts of any sort are appreciated!