Is everything allright with my system?

Lutijndk

Honorable
Feb 28, 2013
Hello everyone.

Last week I updated my old Q6600 with a new CPU cooler, new PSU and a new gfx card. Everything went so well that i decided to build my own pc from scratch, so I could send this old q6600 to my parrents.

I decided I wouldnt wait for haswell processors since in IT world theres always something worth waiting for and im not the kinda person that likes waiting.

This is what I bought:
Case: Sharkoon Vaya
PSU: OCZ 600w
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
Processor: Intel i5 3570k
CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 (water)
Memory: DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 1600 2x4gb
GFX Card: ATI HD7770 Sapphire X-Vapor (1gb ddr5)
Harddisk: Asata 128gb SSD 5xx/5xx

Since this is the first real PC I built from scratch I just wanna check out if everything went okay.
I played an extra fan (got 1 in front of PC but the airflow is fcked up) in the side of the case.
Also placed the H60 cooling like this:
Outside of case | Case back | Cooler | Radiator | rest of pc | Case front (if u kno what I mean haha)

Ive been checking out SpeedFan a few couple of hours and I was wondering if u guys could find anything odd in the stats:

wl8ysz.jpg

This is when World of Warcraft (which I play) has been minimized for some time. Normally GPU is 40 degrees celcius and CPU 35.

Is that normal?

I heard something of changing stuff in the bios to change the fans' stuff and *** but I dont rly know anything bout that.

I really appreciate the feedback on my system, thanks in advance!

drg889

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2010
If WoW is minimized it probably won't stress your CPU/GPU that much at all. But if your idle temps are 35C/40C for your CPU/GPU that is probably completely fine. They both would be able to withstand temps about 90C before automatically shutting down for overheating.

If you really wanted to stress test your CPU, you can download something like Prime95 to have it go on 100% load and see how your cooler does.

The H60 is fine, i know Corsair recommends putting the rear fan as an intake, but if i were you, to get the best out of the cooler, I would use 2 fans as a push/pull config (preferably the same fan running at the same speed and cfm for the best effiency). Meaning 1 fan on each side of the radiator, one pulling air in, and another pushing it out. It definitely increased the performance of my H50 by at 5C+ under load.

Lutijndk

Honorable
Feb 28, 2013
Ah! I think ima open my case tomorrow then and add the other 120mm fan I ordered too much on it then. But if i get it right this is the setup to go for then:

(arrows point towards where the air should go to)

[120mm fan 1 <---][radiator][120mm fan 2 <---]

thanks in advance.

drg889

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2010
Yep that is the way many people do it and how i currently use mine (with Fan1 exhausting the air out of the case). It is also smart to have a good overall airflow (i.e. if you have 2 120mm intake fans, it's also good to have similar exhaust fans so it flows well/better).