latest 2000 drivers- soundblaster live!

flywheel

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2001
I have to use the mixer section of the soundblaster drivers to tell my sound card I have 4 speakers so that the "black" jack sends output. I just put a 2000 partition on my hard drive and it installed the basic soundblaster driver by default but didn't make a mixer section available in control panel.

I installed this section from my 98 disc thinking it would run ok as a program. I was wrong. When I tried to uninstall it doesn't seem to have uninstalled correctly. Now when I try to install the 2000 driver that I downloaded from Creative, the mixer part doesn't work. The program acts like its going to start and then fails. Is this b/c of my idiotic install of the 98 program or is this an issue with soundblaster drivers???

Any thoughts? Please...

<A HREF="http://www.stormpages.com/flywheel/mysys.html" target="_new">My Current Rig</A>

Black_Cat

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
It could be both, actually. Creative is notoriously horrible when it comes to drivers. I downloaded and installed the latest drivers for Win2K and the thing sounded awful. I don't know why. It just did. Originally I had a 2 speaker/suwoofer setup and didn't need to install all of their crappy software. Then I got the Klipsch 5.1 ProMedia. Well, to make a long story short, neither the old drivers or the new drivers would work. I got lucky. I happened to save (as I do with all drivers) a newer version than the original drivers but older than the new drivers. The date on the drivers is 9/15/200. Low and behold it works fine. Why? I don't have a clue. I'm beginning to hate Creative. BTW NONE of their other software that comes in the bundle you get from Creative works. None.

I can't think of a good signature so I'll use this one.

G

Could you possibly point me to where I could get that particular driver on the web?

upec

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I also have problem with the newest driver on Creative's web site. After I unstall the newest drive and installe the 9/15/2000 driver everything works fine.

G

Thanks, that would be great--my profile should include my email address.

G

I'm amazed at how difficult this has been to track down. Will deleting my email messages make it able to be sent? If not, perhaps it can be put on the web?

Black_Cat

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
How much will your e-mail server accept? What I could do is split it with master splitter and send you a few pieces at a time.

I can't think of a good signature so I'll use this one.