Closed

GTX 680M similar to WHICH Desktop GPU??

Hey guys.

In terms of GAME PERFORMANCE (I cannot stress that enough, I do not care about the "on paper specs"), which DESKTOP GPU is the 680M similar to? I.E. the 680M gets the same FPS, graphics quality, etc. as the ___________ desktop model. Fill in the blank, PLEASE!

I play games such as Battlefield 3 and Far Cry 3....

I like ULTRA settings, too. :)
7 answers Last reply
More about 680m similar desktop
  1. Ive read its closer the a 670. Very few laptops have the 680m so If you can afford one with it, go for it. About the best it gets in a mobile GPU. My last laptop was a Asus G73sw and a 460m in 2011 which played Bf3 at medium to high settings at 1080p. I'm sure the 680m is vastly superior to that now.
  2. your laptop resolution?
  3. 1080p.

I'm thinking 670MXs SLI are better than 680M and cheaper. May go with that.... ?
  4. The GTX 680m is less powerful than GTX 660 Ti. It will struggle with Far Cry 3 and Hitman: Absolution on 1920x1080 resolution with ultra settings. The same with Sleeping Dogs and Metro 2033. BF3 performance should okay / good enough, but not great.

See following link for more info and benchmarks:

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-680M.72679.0.html
  5. GTX 680m IS A UNDERCLOCKED GTX 670 CHIP.

Performance wise, it's between a GTX 660 and a GTX 660 ti.

abeaty1 said:
    1080p.

I'm thinking 670MXs SLI are better than 680M and cheaper. May go with that.... ?

Have fun with the absolutely atrocious battery life... and a way heavier laptop...
  6. you can still get ultra settings for the most part with the 680m.

dont get a SLI solution. might perform better but bye bye to the battery life
  7. Best answer selected by abeaty1.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards GPUs Desktops Games Graphics