Half Life 2 Collectors edition

Ron

When I put the CD in, I get an error message that says:

"Steam.exe (main exception): Unable to write to the current Steam
application folder. Please move Steam to a folder where you have write
privileges."

I have googled this and, so far, been unsuccessful.

Can anyone help?

Ryan

I am also encountering this same problem.

Isn't there another way of overcoming this without having to log on to an
administrator account?

"Ron" wrote:

> When I put the CD in, I get an error message that says:
>
> "Steam.exe (main exception): Unable to write to the current Steam
> application folder. Please move Steam to a folder where you have write
> privileges."
>
> I have googled this and, so far, been unsuccessful.
>
> Can anyone help?

Hi Ryan,

Yes, you can give your player account Administrative privileges at
least temporarily to install STEAM, otherwise you could setup rights
and privileges for your player account to the registry keys and the
files and folders used by STEAM. Whichever you find the easiest ;-)

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User