Closed

Having issues with FPS

Okay guys I'm having some serious FPS issues in RaiderZ after upgrading my GPU from and Nvidia GeForce GT 430 to an AMD Radeon HD 7770 and I have also upgraded from a standard 300W PSU to a new Corsair 500W PSU. Now i was averaging around 8-16 FPS in very populated areas with the GeForce GT 430 and I'm experiencing about the same FPS with my new Radeon HD 7770. Please help me ASAP because I have tried everything i can possibly think of and get the same results. Thx in advance for your help

Comp setup:
AMD Phenom 9600 Quad-Core processor
Corsair 500W PSU
AMD Radeon HD 7770 GPU
Windows 7 64 bit
Chipset AMD 780G
Southbridge S700
With DDR2 and 6GB of RAM

and if you guys need more spec info i can provide
6 answers Last reply
More about having issues
  1. BigMack70 said:
    That's because the Phenom 9600 is a super, super slow CPU for modern gaming and you are CPU bottlenecked.

You need to upgrade your CPU... I don't know off hand if that motherboard supports socket AM2+/AM3 CPUs but you could upgrade to a Phenom II x4 or x6.

It says AM2+ when i look it up online so im not possitive. What would you suggest to upgrade to at a low end price that will support the speed of the Radeon HD 7770?
  2. BigMack70 said:
    If you can find something like a Phenom II x4 960t or 980... basically any black edition Phenom II x4 or x6 should work, and would pair just fine with an HD 7770.

I haven't looked around in a while but I'm sure you can find one for ~$80-120

Thanks a lot Big mack. I'll look around for prices and hopefully I can get a decent price on one.
  3. Best answer selected by zilla19.
  4. Big Mack i have been looking at some phenom 2 x4 and x6 could you please let me know if this one will work with my AM2+

AMD Phenom II X4 965 AM3 3.4Ghz 512KB 45NM 125W 4000MHZ and also is this any good?
  5. The Phenom II X4 is quite good for the price. My 945 runs very well on 64-player BF3 servers, so the 965 should easily outpace it, given its 1ghz advantage.
  6. Ok thanks a lot Big Mack I went ahead and purchased it for $98 which was a good price compared to all the other places i found it. :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon AMD FPS Graphics Product