Sign in with
Your question

My First Build

Last response: in Systems
February 28, 2013 9:50:26 PM

So I have been planning and saving for my first build. I don't really play many computer games other than StartCraft II. I will use it for SCII, and various projects like video editing and rendering, Photoshop things like that. I originally planned for the specs below and wanted other people's opinion. I wanted to build a rig that would last me a long time.

I originally wanted to go down the AMD route, but recently been thinking about one of the new 3gen i5's (based on reviews, videos, articles etc). The items listed below are the main items in any rig, i left out stuff like the HD, DVD-Rom and little stuff like that...let me know what you think, thanks for all your help

CPU - AMD FX 8350
Mobo - ASUS Crosshair V Formula - Z ROG edition
GPU - EVGA GTX 670 (1)
RAM - 8GB GSkill
Case - Cooler Master HAF X
PSU - OCZ Z Series 1000w Gold
Water Cooling - Cosair H100 for CPU

ps, i do plan on putting lots of fans in the case to help with cooling

thanks again

More about : build

February 28, 2013 11:56:35 PM

That is overkill, since I see you are watercooling, you must be overclocking, as an intel user, I like the intel i7 3770k more than AMD cpu, there is no need for such MOBO you can get cheaper one. Get a 600W, 750W-850W if you plan to SLI in the future, no reason to get a 1000W PSU, just a waste there. Since you photoshop, rendering, get 16Gb ram.
March 1, 2013 12:00:09 AM

pete123edgar said:
That is overkill, since I see you are watercooling, you must be overclocking, as an intel user, I like the intel i7 3770k more than AMD cpu, there is no need for such MOBO you can get cheaper one. Get a 600W, 750W-850W if you plan to SLI in the future, no reason to get a 1000W PSU, just a waste there. Since you photoshop, rendering, get 16Gb ram.

i understand with the psu and the ram, but im more trying to future proof the rig, i would rather just upgrade components rather than needing to build a whole new rig. So, you are saying and intel system would be better for me than this amd rig?

also, thanks for your opinion
!