7850 DVI Not Recognised

bnot

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2007
Hey guys

I recently swapped out my 5770 for a 7850, before this I uninstalled my ATI Drivers, ran driver sweeper, then installed the new drivers. But when I plugged the new card in it doesn't appear to be recognised. It is connected to my monitor via VGA Cable with a DVI adapter, but whenever I plug card end of the cable into a DVI port either on the card itself or on the motherboards DVI port the monitor will sit in Power Saving mode. The only way to actually see the display to remove the adapter and run VGA/VGA. So far I have reseated the card, used a different adapter and enabled PCIE first in the BIOS but nothing has solved this problem.

The monitor is an LG Flatron W2242S should it matter.

Paul Najda

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013
I have exactly the saem problem but with dual monitor, trying to connect it to the card using dvi to vga connector. Tried to dial phone for AMD helpline, of course is dead as well.

Paul Najda

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013
I have exactly the saem problem but with dual monitor, trying to connect it to the card using dvi to vga connector. Tried to dial phone for AMD helpline, of course is dead as well.

Paul Najda

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013