Sign in with
Your question

Graphics Card for under $200

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 11, 2013 12:50:11 AM

I have an AMD 8 Core CPU and an MSI 890FXA GD70 MB as well as 2 - 1TB WD 7200rpm internal HDDs. My question is what type of Graphics Card (or Cards since my MB will support multiple) would I be able to get under $200? This is my 1st build but I wanted to go Big. What kind of compatibility issues do I want to avoid in the process. I am willing to buy 1 and add on later if it becomes too much of an problem.

Any input would be helpful since I am green. I just want to do it right the first time.

Thanks and Take Care...

More about : graphics card 200

a b U Graphics card
January 11, 2013 1:00:20 AM

Any current GPU will work in your system.

Best is probably to stretch your budget as far as possible.
In your situation I'd recommend to look at an AMD 7850 or nVidia 660 non-ti. Those cards are around the $200 mark.

If you can wait, then wait for AMD to release their new 8000 series cards in a few months. That will push the current prices down. That also gives you another few months to save soem extra cash to grab say a 7970 or 8950.
January 11, 2013 1:09:43 AM

After poking around a bit I realized that I have not been nearly specific enough.
I have intentions of using this setup for 3D Animation (think MAYA, Autodesk and the like). I have no preferences. I had hoped to develop some by dropping a thread on here.

Thanks again and Take Care...
January 11, 2013 1:13:15 AM

zander1983 said:
Any current GPU will work in your system.

Best is probably to stretch your budget as far as possible.
In your situation I'd recommend to look at an AMD 7850 or nVidia 660 non-ti. Those cards are around the $200 mark.

If you can wait, then wait for AMD to release their new 8000 series cards in a few months. That will push the current prices down. That also gives you another few months to save soem extra cash to grab say a 7970 or 8950.

I have been sitting on these parts for about 6months. Had a baby so that put the brakes on money for awhile. I am ready to start spending now (no more patience!). Thanks for the suggestions. Will check the above mentioned.

Take Care...
!