No video signal with GTX 650Ti on HP P7-1467

tdawgman

Honorable
Jan 10, 2013
No video signal after install, checked socket and gold contacts on the graphics card looks fine.
Re-seated a couple of times.

The only other anomaly I have is that the manual does not list Windows 8, but EVGA's web site says the card is compatible with Windows 8... I don't think this is the issue, but you never know.

MSI MS-7778 (Jasmine) motherboard
AMD Quad-Core A10-5700
Windows 8
PSU is 500W Extreme Power Plus (not great but easily surpasses the 400W minimum for the card), just upgraded from the 300W PSU that came with the system.

The graphics card is getting power... just no signal out. Any ideas? Other than the card is bad?

tdawgman

Honorable
Jan 10, 2013
thanks antonice22, I swapped GPUs (also not listed as being Windows 8 compatible) and was able to repeat the problem. So it's either Windows 8 compatibility or the motherboard (which is only a couple of months old)

bencookpdx

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013

i am having the same problem with the same motherboard and gpu. Its an HP with MSI 7778 (freshly flashed bios), Evga GeForce GTX 650 1 gb card. The specs all say that it is compatible but no signal to the monitor, it also wont boot into windows with it connected. I have disabled the onboard graphics from within windows (cant find an option from the bios settings) Very frustrating because it should work. Also tried an older grpahics card with the same problem except the computer starts to beep and shuts down. Its either a compatibility issue with PCIe 3.0 card being installed into a 2.0 slot ( they are supposed to be backwards compatible) or windows 8 is causing the error? It really makes no sense and Im out of ideas on it, i want to go buy a 2.0 card but everythign im reading says thats kind of a waste of cash.

Did you have any luck making this worK?

bencookpdx

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013
exact spcs are:

HP Pavillion p7-1439
MSI 7778 (Jasmine) Motherboard
Evga GeForce GTX 650 1 gb card
Qaud-core processor with radeon graphics
12 gigs of ram
PCIe x16 2.0

a backwards compatibility issue with PCI 2.0 should not be the problem,
the bios does not specifically have an onboard graphics disable/enable function

why is windows 8 not booting with the card installed?

Is there a jumper pin or something on this motherboard that will shut off onboard integrated grpahics and allow this card to work? My understanding is that it should automatically turn on the onboard vga when the card is installed. Ive had several computers and several graphics cards, never seen this problem. Maybe windows 8 is the issue?

any help you guys may have would be fantastic

bencookpdx

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013
SOLVED

the problem is indeed a setting in the bios for this motherboard when using windows 8

you simply have to change the secure boot to legacy boot. By default legacy boot is set to disable. Enable it and your good to go.

Hope this saves you guys some headaches

phoop007

Honorable
Jan 3, 2013

I know this post is old but,

I have an EXACT problem with EXACT board, ram, cpu, windows 8, eufi/bios with the pny 650

Will it fix that problem too? I am at work currently. begging to hope it really fixed the no display problems for you.

Thanks!

and tdawgman I live in the same city as u!

bencookpdx

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013

Yes it should, i spent three days banging my head against a wall to get that and it was so simple in the end. The problem really was that the motherboard settings were super basic and very confusing, I had a good idea of what the problem was at first but couldnt find which way to change the bios settings, as soon as I did it worked fine and has been fine ever since. and as a side note -I did end up having to overclock the card to get its best performance.

Good luck

phoop007

Honorable
Jan 3, 2013

That option to enable Legacy boot is under the secure boot option correct?
And that wont effect the booting of windows 8 correct?

Thanks!

phoop007

Honorable
Jan 3, 2013

Wait, why the overclock?

merenwen

Honorable
Apr 12, 2013

I know this is a bit old, but I am having same problem. but am not computer savvy.
How do you view the bios with no display?

Erick Cid

Honorable
Jun 7, 2013
Yes, secure boot disabled in the bios works on MSI Jasmine of an HP Pavilion p7-1414, I was trying to install an Nvidia GTX 660. I called evga about it too and they said Windows 8 secure boot disable and enabling legacy boot does not diminish windows functionality in any way. Windows 8 Secure boot is commonly enabled in off the shelf systems, it is a BIOS feature hardware to OS tie-in that is designed to reduce the theft of parts and reconfiguration of office systems. It is something that has been demanded by large corporations and the bigger manufacturers of PCs. This solution should apply to many premade systems shipping with windows 8.