Graphics Card Question

*I posted this in the Nvidia category because i did not see the general graphics card category, I apologize.*

Hello community, I just got a laptop for christmas, and everything about it is real swell, except for the graphics card.

My Laptop is an HP 2000-2b20NR
With an Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU B980 @ 2.40 Ghz
With 4GB Ram
WIndows 8 64 Bit
GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics Pixel & Vertex SHader at 4.1, with 32MB VRAM(This is the part i need to upgrade.)

So, i was looking into purchasing a new graphics card, i.e. an older GTX like the 560 or something.

I don't know much about computers, but after some searching, I found older articles indicating most laptops cant have their graphics cards changed/upgraded.

If my laptop could be upgraded I was planning to take it to bestbuy for installation, since i'm not really a DIY guy.

SO the only question I have is, can my Graphics Card be upgraded, and if so, what cards would my laptop be compatible with?
1 answer Last reply
More about graphics card question
  1. see this the graphic card is part of the motherboard and it will more then the value of this laptop to have it you want to upgrade her http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03575298.pdf you could try to contact hp to see the price it will cost to upgrade the graphic card .
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Laptops Graphics