Sign in with
Your question

New PC Build HELP!

Last response: in Systems
March 1, 2013 4:26:12 AM

I just built my new pc and im having some problems. Keep in mind that i am a complete noob to this.

Parts:
i5 3570k
Corsair Vengeance 8gb(4x2)
asrock z77 extreme 4
phantom 410
wd hdd 500g
ocz modxstream pro 700w
Windows 8

Currently i have no graphics card just using the onboard graphics for now.

Im having some trouble with my new build. I have no idea what drivers to install. When i installed windows 8, i directly went to check for updates through Windows and downloaded around 30 something. Im having problems with my screen flickering and making weird color flickers or glitches. I dont seem to understand whats going on. Can Anyone Help please?

More about : build

March 1, 2013 4:39:05 AM

Welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums,
A few questions here, what monitor/TV (make and model) is the computer connected to? How is it connected (VGA, HDMI, DVI etc)? What resolutions are you running? Are all cables firmly in place?
m
l
March 1, 2013 4:44:07 AM

Hey there, i forgot to mention that, maybe the tv is a problem?
Im using a toshiba 40 something inch. with an hdmi. Im only using it for not until i can get a monitor. I also have an lcd monitor from another computer.
The only thing that i have to say about the tv is that when i was messing around with the tv settings, i can see that the flickering happened behind the settings. (if you know what i mean?)
m
l
Related resources
March 1, 2013 4:46:15 AM

the t.v. was running on 1920 x 1080 and so was the computer. I also noticed that the web browser and the quick menu when i put my mouse towards the top left are kind of off, as in not in the tv's boundaries.
m
l
March 1, 2013 4:48:26 AM

I'm going to suggest trying the monitor from the other computer, see what you get that way - it could simply be the HDMI cable itself... maybe
m
l
March 1, 2013 4:52:05 AM

Hey C12Friedman, i really appreciate your feedback, i will try using the other monitor tomorrow after work. And the other monitor seems to have no hdmi output so ill be using the other connector (dont know if its vga or dvi). Ill let you know what ive done for it by tomorrow around 3-6 pst, hope to keep receiving your help. Any other thoughts are appreciated as well. :) 
m
l
!