Unable to load Standard Games

I recently bought a newer computer than my old one and it does not have the
standard games that usually come with Windows. It runs on Windows 98 Second
Edition. Does anyone know how to or where to get these games? Freecell,
solataire, minesweeper? Thank you!
2 answers Last reply
More about unable load standard games

    Hi,

    "KatrinaLUC" <KatrinaLUC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3216BE4E-C7F9-4AA9-B396-90AE59F474D6@microsoft.com...
    |I recently bought a newer computer than my old one and it does not have the
    | standard games that usually come with Windows. It runs on Windows 98 Second
    | Edition. Does anyone know how to or where to get these games? Freecell,
    | solataire, minesweeper? Thank you!

    Althought this is the Windows XP games newsgroup, I think I can still assist you .. ;-)

    Hi MJP,

    To Install or Uninstall Windows 9x Games:

    Click START / Settings / Control Panel / Add-Remove Programs /
    Click on the Windows Setup tab and double-click Accessories.
    Check the box beside Games, then click OK / click OK again.
    You'll need your Windows 98 Setup CD to complete the installation
    unless the win98 .cab files directory was saved on your hard drive.

    --
    Cheers,
    Jimmy S.

    Additional Support Resources: My Zone.com Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk
    Microsoft Online Tech Support: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=376
    Game FAQ's: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

    The "standard" Windows games should be found on you XP install CD. You will
    need just to access:

    Control Panel ---> Add/Remove Program ---> Windows Component

    and llok on "ckecking" on the "Games".

    "Jimmy S." <nosp@m.pls> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > "KatrinaLUC" <KatrinaLUC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > |I recently bought a newer computer than my old one and it does not have
    > the
    > | standard games that usually come with Windows. It runs on Windows 98
    > Second
    > | Edition. Does anyone know how to or where to get these games? Freecell,
    > | solataire, minesweeper? Thank you!
    >
    > Althought this is the Windows XP games newsgroup, I think I can still
    > assist you .. ;-)
    >
    > Hi MJP,
    >
    > To Install or Uninstall Windows 9x Games:
    >
    > Click START / Settings / Control Panel / Add-Remove Programs /
    > Click on the Windows Setup tab and double-click Accessories.
    > Check the box beside Games, then click OK / click OK again.
    > You'll need your Windows 98 Setup CD to complete the installation
    > unless the win98 .cab files directory was saved on your hard drive.
    >
    > --
    > Cheers,
    > Jimmy S.
    >
    > Additional Support Resources: My Zone.com Helpsite:
    > http://nibblesnbits.tk
    > Microsoft Online Tech Support: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=376
    > Game FAQ's: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
    > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any
    > rights.

Windows 98 Computers Games Microsoft Windows XP