HELP Slowly Losing Functionality Until Restart

helpimagirl

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013
Hello,
I don't know what the problem is or what I should check next to diagnose it. Here is what is happening followed by what I am running.

After I start the computer up everything works great for an hour or so and slowly I start to notice that I lose my ability to rt click (like to save a photo for instance) and then at about the 2hr mark I am no longer able to open a webpage or even a document. When I click on something then it's as though it doesn't even feel the click. I usually have 6-10 screens open at a time and in order to open something new I need to close down a few screens which gives me the ability (for a short time) to open a new webpage or docx. Then after a few minutes or so in order to open a new page I need to close out a few more until I get down to having no pages open and no ability to open anything new until after I restart my system. I have defragged my memory ...I have run software to 'recapture' memory (which has the same short term, effect as closing out a couple of windows) and I am sick of this otherwise fast fun system being dragged to it's knees like an old Bic 20.

This is happening on my desktop where I run:
Windows xp pro SP3
AMD Phenom II X4 970 Processor
3.25 GB of RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
and a bunch of other stuff 4 Hard drives of 500gb, 500gb, 250 gb, and 500gb

When this all happens it looks like I have all of my memory available ...is there a memtest I should be running or? what do you guys think?

TRENDING THREADS