Your question

Steel series vs Razer?

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Razer
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
March 1, 2013 12:17:28 PM

Just wondering wether the I should get the steel series 6Gv2 or the razer blackwidow ultimate 2013
Based off of quality and key type cheers
I'm leaning for the steel seriess at the moment

More about : steel series razer

March 1, 2013 12:59:43 PM

If all you need is the mechanical structure and the usual gaming options, go with the 6Gv2.

If you play MMOs or games that can make use of the extra keys and macros, get the Blackwidow Ultimate 2013.

The latter is a lot more expensive though.
m
l
March 1, 2013 1:05:36 PM

From a pure build quality standpoint, the Razer is of MUCH HIGHER quality. Razer really makes very good quality products.

They both have similar functionality.

I would get the Razer as it is a more conventional and good looking keyboard. But I would suggest you get the one that you want. You will be happy with either. If you like something to look at the Razer wins. If you like the small form and the small steelseries touches, then go with it.

m
l
Related resources
March 2, 2013 11:40:10 AM

Your choice for sure, but for me SS 6Gv2 all the way. Me and three of my friends have been using the 6Gv2 for three years now (with constant pounding when playing and traveling to local LAN events :)  ) and it is great, in terms of quality and performance definitely the best I have even owned. That said I would agree with the post on macro keys as I have heard the Blackwidow has some extra options but you will pay extra for that. You need to make sure the EULA for the game allows you to use the Macros if you are playing online.
m
l
March 2, 2013 11:42:14 AM

Yea I got the 6Gv2 today :) 
m
l
!