Compatibility Check Please

Chdrock

Honorable
Oct 12, 2012
Hello,

I was been watching videos and reading information on this for a while and I was just wanting to get a double check on the compatibility of my parts for the first build.

If there is anything wrong with these parts or you just want to give me your opinion I would appreciate it.

Case - Corsair 600T Black/Mesh Case (I know this doesn't matter a whole lot but I already know it fits ATX and Micro ATX motherboards.)

CPU - Intel Core i5-3570k (Going with this because it is cheaper than the i7 and I currently have an i5 in my Alienware X51 and I think it does just fine.)

GPU - EVGA SuperClocked GTX 660 (02G-P4-2662-KR)

PSU - Rosewill FORTRESS series 750W 80 PLUS Platinum (I know Rosewill does not have the best reputation on everything but this PSU was a steal at $89.99 and with some pretty decent reviews on Johnny Guru and Newegg.)

MOBO - (I'm torn between these two)

- ASUS P8Z77-M LGA 1155 Micro ATX

- ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 ATX

RAM - Corsair Vengence 8GB (2x4) Low Profile DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) 1.5v 240 PIN

DVD Drive - Light-On Super AllWrite 24x SATA (I've seen a lot of videos using this drive in their build and I have a PS3 if I need to watch blueray movies, so a blueray drive was not needed.)

Hard Drive - WD Blue 1TB Desktop Hard Drive 7200 RPM SATA 6 GB/s, 64mb Cache

And/Or

- Samsung 840 series 2.5 inch 120GB SATA III Internal SSD

And of course, Windows 7 because I don't think I will like Windows 8. Not to mention, I've heard it has had some major issues with gaming.

As I said above, this is my first build so I am not yet extremely comfortable with know which products work best with others according to their specifics. That is why I am asking someone to look over this information and let me know if there are any flaws within this.

If you wouldn't mind, is there a list someone on the forum that can help me with a compatibility check in the future?

Appreciate any and all help I can get.

Chdrock

Honorable
Oct 12, 2012
Appreciate the prompt response! Apologies for not responding quickly myself.

I have ordered all of my parts and they should be here tomorrow. As I said I am a first time builder so I do have another noobie question to ask.

Drivers are confusing to me... Never updated mine before or anything.
http://usa.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8Z77V_LK/#download

^ That is the motherboard that I bought. When I lookup (under Windows 7 64bit) it says there are 73 downloads included. Do I seriously need to download all of those drivers and run them individually?

Thanks,
Chad