Compatibility Check Please

Hello,

I was been watching videos and reading information on this for a while and I was just wanting to get a double check on the compatibility of my parts for the first build.

If there is anything wrong with these parts or you just want to give me your opinion I would appreciate it.

Case - Corsair 600T Black/Mesh Case (I know this doesn't matter a whole lot but I already know it fits ATX and Micro ATX motherboards.)

CPU - Intel Core i5-3570k (Going with this because it is cheaper than the i7 and I currently have an i5 in my Alienware X51 and I think it does just fine.)

GPU - EVGA SuperClocked GTX 660 (02G-P4-2662-KR)

PSU - Rosewill FORTRESS series 750W 80 PLUS Platinum (I know Rosewill does not have the best reputation on everything but this PSU was a steal at $89.99 and with some pretty decent reviews on Johnny Guru and Newegg.)

MOBO - (I'm torn between these two)

- ASUS P8Z77-M LGA 1155 Micro ATX

- ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 ATX

RAM - Corsair Vengence 8GB (2x4) Low Profile DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) 1.5v 240 PIN

DVD Drive - Light-On Super AllWrite 24x SATA (I've seen a lot of videos using this drive in their build and I have a PS3 if I need to watch blueray movies, so a blueray drive was not needed.)

Hard Drive - WD Blue 1TB Desktop Hard Drive 7200 RPM SATA 6 GB/s, 64mb Cache

And/Or

- Samsung 840 series 2.5 inch 120GB SATA III Internal SSD

And of course, Windows 7 because I don't think I will like Windows 8. Not to mention, I've heard it has had some major issues with gaming.

As I said above, this is my first build so I am not yet extremely comfortable with know which products work best with others according to their specifics. That is why I am asking someone to look over this information and let me know if there are any flaws within this.

If you wouldn't mind, is there a list someone on the forum that can help me with a compatibility check in the future?

Appreciate any and all help I can get.
2 answers Last reply
More about compatibility check please
  1. Go with the Asrock Extreme 4. And then for SSD get the Samsung 840 Pro or the OCZ Vector. The Radeon 7870 XT is a better card for gaming than a reference GTX 660 is.
  2. Appreciate the prompt response! Apologies for not responding quickly myself.

I have ordered all of my parts and they should be here tomorrow. As I said I am a first time builder so I do have another noobie question to ask.

Drivers are confusing to me... Never updated mine before or anything.
    http://usa.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8Z77V_LK/#download

^ That is the motherboard that I bought. When I lookup (under Windows 7 64bit) it says there are 73 downloads included. Do I seriously need to download all of those drivers and run them individually?

Thanks,
    Chad
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Compatibility Systems