Can a ddr5 graphic card work in a ddr2 motherboard?

Can a ddr5 graphic card work in a ddr2 motherboard?
10 answers Last reply
More about ddr5 graphic card work ddr2 motherboard
  1. yes it will work 100%.you can put ddr3 or ddr5 graphic card in ddr2 or ddr3 mobo.gpu memory chipset have no relation with mobo"s memory
  2. Thanks
  3. see im going to try a gddr5 on my pc but im not sure if it will work the last ggdr5 card i tried mo mother bored wouldn't detect it

any idders befor i buy a new card my motehr bored is ddr2
  4. yes buddy i had an old m3 72 ddr2 asus bored running a 2012 zotace 660ti ddr5 and it was fine
  5. I had same problem.. my motherboard is ddr2 and i tried Sapphire R7 240 1GB ddr5..didn't work...
  6. DDR restrictions apply to RAM only. A GDDR5 or GDDR3 card always works on any motherboard regardless of its DDR type

Also, if a card is specified as PCI-e 3.0 then it doesn't mean that it won't work with earlier versions. PCI-e is backwards compatible.

Hope this helps.
    Cheers
  7. but i tries s many ways... i connected Sapphire 1GB ddr5 to Asus M2n mx se plus motherboard. But display didn't came when i connected my monitor cable to card. power supply is suffificient( hytec 550W)
  8. The card may be defective
  9. Naveen Vijay said:
    but i tries s many ways... i connected Sapphire 1GB ddr5 to Asus M2n mx se plus motherboard. But display didn't came when i connected my monitor cable to card. power supply is suffificient( hytec 550W)

Welcome to the world of shady psu units.

That hytec is most likely NOT a 550w unit.

I suggest testing the card with an actual proper power supply.

You also should update to the newest bios available for that motherboard from the manufacturer's website.
  10. I tried to update bios. I pressed F8, message apperas as 'Missing operating system'
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards DDR2 Motherboards Graphics