Sign in with
Your question

Multiple Burners under Nero 5.5

Last response: in Storage
Anonymous
a b G Storage
February 20, 2002 4:37:34 PM

I have a small music studio that i use and i was wondering a few things about nero

i noticed something about multiple burners.
i wanted to know A) how many i can hook up (ide not scsi)
B) what my limitations are for how many i can hook up, like processor speed, possible duel proccessor to handel as many burners in one machine as possible

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by CyGor on 02/22/02 05:52 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

More about : multiple burners nero

February 20, 2002 6:21:34 PM

I doubt Nero is SMP-enabled, so unless each burn job is a separate process, more than one CPU wouldn't help.

As for the max, it's probably in the help files somewhere. I suspect you'd run out of IDE ports before Nero topped out.

I've never tried it though, so please let me (and everyone else) know your results.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>
Anonymous
a b G Storage
February 22, 2002 3:03:39 PM

I read in Nero doc online that its limit was 32 drives.
but i want to know what kind of hardware problems i will have with this.

also just get a promise controller to give you more IDE ports.

i relize that nero itself doesnt suport SMP but possibly some of the background stuff needed to run the burners and hard drives maybe benifit from a dual proccessor system.

i am trying two burners this weekend which i am sure will work fine on the system that i am trying it on

i will post an update
Related resources
February 22, 2002 4:57:39 PM

Quote:
also just get a promise controller to give you more IDE ports.

Of course, but you only have so many PCI slots.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>
February 22, 2002 8:43:12 PM

if you have the need ( and most certainly the $$$) you can get cd copying racks with 4 or more burners and have them all burn the same data\music at the same time

lagger

<b><font color=blue>Checking under my north AND south bridges for trolls</font color=blue>
Anonymous
a b G Storage
February 22, 2002 8:51:41 PM

i have already looked in to that, not a fast alternative.
i already have a good MB with raid that i can use a bunch of drives with so that makes it cheaper (150 or so for each drive.
this is for CD duplication so i am looking for the cheapest alternative to the normal systems that would also alow me to upgrade drives to get the most CD/hr as possible.

that and i am one of the people whos curiosity is so intense that is borders on anoying, so i just want to know
February 23, 2002 5:59:05 AM

you may run into power supply problems with that many drives burning at the same time.

i went to the tomshardware forums and all i got was this lousy signature.
!