Your question

New Build - Video Problem

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 11, 2013 2:55:04 PM

Hello all,

I have built my first computer and learning as I go along. There is one thing that can’t seem to figure out and wanted to see if someone could help me.

I don’t do gaming, but do a lot of video editing and have been having problems with high end WMV (about 15,000kbps) 1080x1920. When playing or editing, the video will either freeze or stutter, but don’t have any problems working with MP4's at equal quality. I am not sure if I need to upgrade my video card or if it something else? Since I don’t do gaming, I have never done over clocking and not sure if that is needed. Any suggestions will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Here is my new build:
MoBo: ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 LGA 1155 Intel Z77
Processor: Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo)
RAM: 24GB Patriot Intel Extreme Master, Limited Edition DDR3
Video Card: GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5
Main Hard Drive: Samsung 830 256GB SSD
Hard Drive: 750GB Internal HDD
Hard Drive: 2TB External HDD
Power: 800w

More about : build video problem

January 29, 2013 1:53:06 PM

After updating codecs and the BIOS to the newest version, I have not seen any change. But, I have noticed that when videos stutter, the computer vibrates. It seems to only vibrate when the videos stutter. Any thoughts of what is vibrating and what is causing this? Do I need to overclock the CPU? Thanks.
m
l
May 17, 2013 2:14:40 AM

schoei1 said:
After updating codecs and the BIOS to the newest version, I have not seen any change. But, I have noticed that when videos stutter, the computer vibrates. It seems to only vibrate when the videos stutter. Any thoughts of what is vibrating and what is causing this? Do I need to overclock the CPU? Thanks.

Did you solce your vibration problem when video's stutter on your system?
m
l
!