CPU Fan Error i5-3570k/P8z77-V

nervousnerd

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013
Hello,

This is my first build (details below). Everything went together fine but upon starting I got an error sound and a notice saying "CPU Fan Error."

It seems to be running fine an isn't rebooting or getting hot but for some reason I get this error.

In the BIOS for the CPU Fan Speed it says N/A while all other fans show proper RPM. I'm not sure if it just isn't detecting the speed of the fan or if it isn't at a high enough speed to detect or what.

I haven't installed the OS or anything on it yet because I want to get this figured out first. Any suggestions?

Intel Core I5-3570k
Stock Heatsink/Fan
Rosewill Xtreme Series RX750-S-B
P8z77-V (Using Both Onboard Graphics And Audio)
Seagate Barracuda 2TB Harddrive 7200 RPM
Kingston 4GB DDR3 RAM
Asus 24x DVD-RW Burner

if the cpu fan is not spinning it will overheat and might cause damage

If its spinning and cooling you may have a problem with eiher the fan its self or the motherboard detecting it not spinning

The first thing to try would be to clear the BIOS . Your board may have a reset button , or you may have to remove the battery for a few minutes .

If that doesnt work then try updating the BIOS to the latest version . If your problem persists then your options are to replace the cpu cooler with an aftermarket model and see if that works

Or RMA the motherboard