CPU Fan Error i5-3570k/P8z77-V

Hello,

This is my first build (details below). Everything went together fine but upon starting I got an error sound and a notice saying "CPU Fan Error."

It seems to be running fine an isn't rebooting or getting hot but for some reason I get this error.

In the BIOS for the CPU Fan Speed it says N/A while all other fans show proper RPM. I'm not sure if it just isn't detecting the speed of the fan or if it isn't at a high enough speed to detect or what.

I haven't installed the OS or anything on it yet because I want to get this figured out first. Any suggestions?

Intel Core I5-3570k
Stock Heatsink/Fan
Rosewill Xtreme Series RX750-S-B
P8z77-V (Using Both Onboard Graphics And Audio)
Seagate Barracuda 2TB Harddrive 7200 RPM
Kingston 4GB DDR3 RAM
Asus 24x DVD-RW Burner
2 answers Last reply
More about error 3570k p8z77
  1. if the cpu fan is not spinning it will overheat and might cause damage

If its spinning and cooling you may have a problem with eiher the fan its self or the motherboard detecting it not spinning

The first thing to try would be to clear the BIOS . Your board may have a reset button , or you may have to remove the battery for a few minutes .

If that doesnt work then try updating the BIOS to the latest version . If your problem persists then your options are to replace the cpu cooler with an aftermarket model and see if that works

Or RMA the motherboard
  2. Nevermind. Had it plugged into the wrong slot.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build CPUs Systems