Dell Dimension 2350 Windows 7 Performance

SubaruGuy94

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013
I currently set up my old Dell Dimension 2350 after about four years of storage. Currently, it has a 1.8GHz Pentium processor and 256MB of RAM. I am considering upgrading the RAM to 1GB and installing Windows 7 Pro, but Im not sure how well it will perform. I understand that Microsoft recommends a minimum of 1GB of RAM for Windows 7. I mainly want to use it for some basic video editing, YouTube, and working on various Word, PowerPoint, and Excel documents, and I want your guys' opinoin on how you think it would handle all that with only 1GB of RAM.

Thanks.

I am afraid that you about to make a bad choice - upgrading so old PC.
Maximum RAM is 1 GB, the older Dell computers can be 'picky' on the memory that's installed, so only Crucial somewhat guaranteed to work, this is the one http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.aspx?mfr%2bproductline=dell%2bdimension+%2f+dimension+xps&mfr=dell&tabid=am&model=dimension+2350+series&submit=go

Also, you will need to find all drivers for Win7, and this will be terrible pain.

The best choice with this PC is to have WinXP here with 1 GB of memory, not WIn7.

If you have even little budget, you can get much stronger refurbished Dell for about 200 USD.