Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Building Gaming rig for ~1000$

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
Share
March 1, 2013 7:46:48 PM

Hi,So far i have choose these parts:

GPU:
Powercolor Radeon HD 7750, 4GB DDR3

RAM:
PATRIOT SIGNATURE 4GB DDR3 1600MHZ x2

MOUSE:
A4Tech mouse D-500F

Keyboard:
iBOX INFERNO

HDD:
Desktop TOSHIBA 1TB

PSU:
LOGIC ATX 620W 140mm FAN

CPU:
Intel Core i5-3570K, 3.4GHz, 6MB, LGA1155, 22mm, 77W

MOTHERboard:
Gigabyte GA-H77M-D3H, H77, DualDDR3-1600, 2xSATA3, SATA2, HDMI, RAID, DVI, mATX

Please,comment my rig and offer me better adjustments noticeably i have choose AMD instead of my bellowed NVIDIA cause the motherboard support crossfire and i might be wanting it few years later,
also i have not choose a SSD so i leave it up to you.

Thank You,

Joris

More about : building gaming rig 1000

March 1, 2013 7:58:44 PM

I think you could do better, you will need a better gpu for gaming.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($32.98 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($129.99 @ Microcenter)
Memory: Patriot Gamer 2 Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($74.95 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB Video Card ($229.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master Elite 430 ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Antec Neo Eco 620W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224BB/RSBS DVD/CD Writer ($24.98 @ Newegg)
Keyboard: Gigabyte GK-KM5200 Wired Standard Keyboard w/Optical Mouse ($12.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $830.84
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-03-01 16:58 EST-0500)
March 1, 2013 8:10:39 PM

tenaciousk said:
I think you could do better, you will need a better gpu for gaming.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($32.98 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($129.99 @ Microcenter)
Memory: Patriot Gamer 2 Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($74.95 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB Video Card ($229.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master Elite 430 ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Antec Neo Eco 620W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224BB/RSBS DVD/CD Writer ($24.98 @ Newegg)
Keyboard: Gigabyte GK-KM5200 Wired Standard Keyboard w/Optical Mouse ($12.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $830.84
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-03-01 16:58 EST-0500)

can we bring it up closer to 1k $ ?
Related resources
March 1, 2013 8:11:55 PM

P.S. wahts wrong with the motherboard i would like to know why Z77 Not H77 and if so then perhaps an Nvidia Gpu would be nicer cause im very familiar with them
March 1, 2013 8:18:20 PM

Well yeah, i know the price is low. But didnt know if you need to buy a operating system and you said something about a SSD so i left a little wiggle room. The difference between the H77 board and the z77 is the ability to Overlock For the i5-3570k you would want to pair it with the z77 because the i5-3570k is overclockable. If you do not plan on overclocking then go with a i5-3570 for cheaper and pair it with a h77 which would also be cheaper.
March 1, 2013 8:27:04 PM

yeah, when i was looking at the price brackets between the 3570 and the "K" i though well i wont gonna be able to get a new rig for about 3 years after this so i was thinking i will just get the 3570K cause i will overclock it sooner or later.
And of course thank you for explaining me about the H77 i was almost close to being mistaken by the info that the H77 can OC fine. i dont really need an OS i have an Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and i wasn't really looking at the SSD's to much i just know that i want one on my rig that would have at least 128GB for most important games like World Of Tanks. P.S i would like to be able to MAx it out 60Fps stable,with no annoying drops in smoky places at least not below 40Fps and have the AA at atleast 8x the AF doesnt matter i dont see difference any way (i will get a lot of hate for this...)
Thank Again.

:) 
March 1, 2013 8:28:37 PM

z77 can overclock h77 cannot

i recommend a 7870 XT which has almost the same performance as the 7950

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($223.79 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Xigmatek GAIA SD1283 56.3 CFM CPU Cooler ($19.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($124.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Patriot Viper 3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($44.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Green 1.5TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Plextor M5S Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($94.99 @ Microcenter)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 XT 2GB Video Card ($234.99 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT Tempest 410 ATX Mid Tower Case ($79.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Rosewill Hive 750W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224BB DVD/CD Writer ($16.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $985.69
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-03-01 17:27 EST-0500)

Comes with an SSD, allows for OC and CFX.

The Gaia is cheaper than the 212 evo with pretty much the same performance
March 1, 2013 9:47:39 PM

Marcopolo123 said:
This will do the job lol, trust me it will work fine
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...


Those PSUs are only good if you are on a budget and can only do a single GPU.

With $1000 he can get a good build with a strong PSU that is much better than the CX series
March 2, 2013 6:10:22 AM

Ah ok ye ur right :) 
March 2, 2013 6:15:19 AM

boulbox said:
z77 can overclock h77 cannot

i recommend a 7870 XT which has almost the same performance as the 7950

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($223.79 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Xigmatek GAIA SD1283 56.3 CFM CPU Cooler ($19.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($124.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Patriot Viper 3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($44.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Green 1.5TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Plextor M5S Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($94.99 @ Microcenter)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 XT 2GB Video Card ($234.99 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT Tempest 410 ATX Mid Tower Case ($79.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Rosewill Hive 750W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224BB DVD/CD Writer ($16.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $985.69
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-03-01 17:27 EST-0500)

Comes with an SSD, allows for OC and CFX.

The Gaia is cheaper than the 212 evo with pretty much the same performance


i dont realy like the fact that i get a 5.4k RPM hard drive i mean a 7.2k would be more help and faster dont you think?
March 2, 2013 6:16:46 AM

can you please comment my original choice about the I5 3570K is it good and for how long? P.S what about a GPu can there be a Nvidia solution for example Gtx 560TI ?
March 2, 2013 6:21:32 AM

When you have an SSD, there is very little difference in speed between a 5400 and a 7200.

I wouldnt say the same if it were just alone and comparing the two like so.
March 2, 2013 6:23:00 AM

The Nvidia equivalent would be the 670 or the 660 Ti
March 2, 2013 7:27:39 AM

isn't the Gtx560Ti similar to 660TI srr i have not yet compared them :p 
March 2, 2013 3:48:08 PM

so whats the difference the 560TI can run games like NFS the run on ultra no problem
March 2, 2013 4:52:51 PM

Why do you want a Nvidia card... Right now the 7870XT is one of the best cards for the money because it uses a newer Tahiti architecture. Also, the 560Ti is much worse than the 660Ti because it was a card from last generation, hence the 5 as the starting number.

With an SSD, you will be running your important games/programs that you use the most off that, so there is less need to have a fast hard drive as well.
March 2, 2013 7:08:44 PM

Ok to break it down to someone that is very new to the tech world

For Nvidia the 6** is the generation(current is 6) the *6* is the tier(highest is 9) and the **0 is if it is a desktop card or a laptop card(0 for desktop 5 for laptop)

Now for AMD 7*** is the gen(current is 7) *8** is the tier(goes from 7-9) **5* is the sub tier which numbers are usually 5,7 or 9

right now i would pick the 7870 XT(the XT is another version of the same card pretty much but this one uses a different chip unlike the GHz version and regular) because its performance to price ratio is very high. Keeping up with a 7950(AMD's 2nd ranked card for the 7*** series) and being $50 cheaper than it.
March 3, 2013 1:32:52 PM

boulbox said:
Ok to break it down to someone that is very new to the tech world

For Nvidia the 6** is the generation(current is 6) the *6* is the tier(highest is 9) and the **0 is if it is a desktop card or a laptop card(0 for desktop 5 for laptop)

Now for AMD 7*** is the gen(current is 7) *8** is the tier(goes from 7-9) **5* is the sub tier which numbers are usually 5,7 or 9

right now i would pick the 7870 XT(the XT is another version of the same card pretty much but this one uses a different chip unlike the GHz version and regular) because its performance to price ratio is very high. Keeping up with a 7950(AMD's 2nd ranked card for the 7*** series) and being $50 cheaper than it.

then why is a gt220 similar to gt430?
March 4, 2013 5:47:00 AM

ok so this is what i get so far:

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($223.79 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Xigmatek GAIA SD1283 56.3 CFM CPU Cooler ($19.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($124.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Patriot Viper 3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($44.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Green 1.5TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Plextor M5S Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($94.99 @ Microcenter)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 XT 2GB Video Card ($234.99 @ Newegg)
Case: ?
Power Supply: Rosewill Hive 750W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224BB DVD/CD Writer ($16.98 @ Outlet PC)

now im not srue about the motherboard its either the asrock Z77 Extreme4 or the gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H i personaly like the gigabyte much more it has support for up to 3 GPU's and has more USB 3.0 but yet i might be wrong,
P.s anhy ideas for the case ? the NZXT Tempest 410 ATX Mid Tower Case looks terrible...
March 4, 2013 10:04:59 AM

any help?
March 4, 2013 1:20:52 PM

Yes... click the link I provided to you. It will answer all your questions (ie, use the system they built, just add a HDD).
March 4, 2013 2:23:12 PM

This is by far the best:
CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 76.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($24.98 @ Outlet PC)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($129.99 @ Microcenter)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($56.07 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.14 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition 3GB Video Card ($422.13 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Rosewill Blackbone ATX Mid Tower Case ($31.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $974.28
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
March 4, 2013 7:56:34 PM

GHz not needed, can just get a regular 7970 and OC it to GHz levels
March 16, 2013 3:20:52 AM

Why cant i get the gygabite motherboard that i mentioned earlier?
March 16, 2013 4:19:47 AM

Joris said:
Why cant i get the gygabite motherboard that i mentioned earlier?


Of course you can. They are practically the same. Asrock supports higher speed memory, but you probably will not use that. Take the one with better warranty conditions is my 2 cents.
March 16, 2013 8:40:05 AM

markiz said:
Joris said:
Why cant i get the gygabite motherboard that i mentioned earlier?


Of course you can. They are practically the same. Asrock supports higher speed memory, but you probably will not use that. Take the one with better warranty conditions is my 2 cents.

I think i could use the hih memory speed cuz in few years i will have to overclock my cpu and it is a K version after all.
March 16, 2013 11:02:11 AM

Joris said:
markiz said:
Joris said:
Why cant i get the gygabite motherboard that i mentioned earlier?


Of course you can. They are practically the same. Asrock supports higher speed memory, but you probably will not use that. Take the one with better warranty conditions is my 2 cents.

I think i could use the hih memory speed cuz in few years i will have to overclock my cpu and it is a K version after all.


OCing memory is different just saying. Oh and it is also the most work out of the other OCs because if 1 out of the X number dimms you have inside, it can be hard to troubleshoot the problem
March 16, 2013 3:40:06 PM

So am i good with the gigabyte? Cuz it looks more apealing to me
March 18, 2013 2:55:49 AM

Noob12 said:
markiz said:
Joris said:
Why cant i get the gygabite motherboard that i mentioned earlier?


Of course you can. They are practically the same. Asrock supports higher speed memory, but you probably will not use that. Take the one with better warranty conditions is my 2 cents.


What asrock MoBo supports faster memory than gigabyte??? :lol: 



I better not give any advice without thoroughly checking than. I sadly went with what it said on PCpartpicker. Fail. Sorry.
March 18, 2013 12:20:37 PM

so new question gigabyte or the asrock? i personally preffer gigabyte.
March 18, 2013 12:31:23 PM

I prefer gigabyte but either choice will be a good choice.
April 28, 2013 10:04:32 AM

ok i now its all crystal clear but only one question remains will there be any lack of power supply or how close will be the ceiling if i pick the Corsair Builder 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply instead of the Rosewill Hive 750W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V because a price difference there is.
April 29, 2013 5:13:01 AM

so what will i have any problems ? and is it worth the money
April 29, 2013 8:14:08 AM

oh and i almost forgot is there a big difference if i decide to go with the 7870 instead of 7970 because the price difference is just huge and from what i can see it's not really worth the money
April 29, 2013 11:09:51 AM

Hd 7870 tahiti LE is the sweet spot. Enough for 1080p
April 30, 2013 2:41:04 AM

Marcopolo123 said:
Hd 7870 tahiti LE is the sweet spot. Enough for 1080p


so basically if i decide to go with the cheaper 7870 GHz edition on this rig i won't fell the difference and will still get 40-60Fps on games like world of tanks and BF3 on max settings?
April 30, 2013 2:46:21 AM

Marcopolo123 said:
Yes :) 

ok thank,how about overclocking ability will there be room for that because in year or two i will not be a able to get a new rig and as u can see i will overclock the CPU cuz it's a ''K'' and the motherboard is on a Z77 Chip
April 30, 2013 3:26:25 AM

so finally i decided to go with the Radeon 7870 but there's a question,should i take the Saphire Radeon HD7870 Xt or the GHz Edition?
April 30, 2013 4:48:05 AM

Joris said:
P.S. wahts wrong with the motherboard i would like to know why Z77 Not H77 and if so then perhaps an Nvidia Gpu would be nicer cause im very familiar with them


Can't overclock or crossfire/sli with h77.

(Sorry, I only saw the first few posts when I clicked on reply.)
April 30, 2013 6:17:14 AM

macten said:
Joris said:
P.S. wahts wrong with the motherboard i would like to know why Z77 Not H77 and if so then perhaps an Nvidia Gpu would be nicer cause im very familiar with them


Can't overclock or crossfire/sli with h77.

(Sorry, I only saw the first few posts when I clicked on reply.)

ok well now its all perfectly clear (almost what i'm getting just the ram question is a bit unstable because the gigabyte doesnt list the Corsair Vengeance Blue 4GB 1600MHz CL9 1.5V (CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9B) as supported so will it work?
April 30, 2013 6:38:37 AM

Joris said:
macten said:
Joris said:
P.S. wahts wrong with the motherboard i would like to know why Z77 Not H77 and if so then perhaps an Nvidia Gpu would be nicer cause im very familiar with them


Can't overclock or crossfire/sli with h77.

(Sorry, I only saw the first few posts when I clicked on reply.)

ok well now its all perfectly clear (almost what i'm getting just the ram question is a bit unstable because the gigabyte doesnt list the Corsair Vengeance Blue 4GB 1600MHz CL9 1.5V (CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9B) as supported so will it work?


I don't see any reason why it wouldn't. If it's the mobo linked above it appears to max out at 1600. Outside of an SSD and up there with the video card I'd say the amount of memory is one of the more important things to consider. 8 gigs 1600 ram is what I'd go for if you can fit it in the budget. The clock rate is quite as important, surely not as important as the size.
April 30, 2013 7:00:32 AM

ok so these are the part's that i'm gonna go with:

Intel Core i5-3570K, Quad Core, 3.40GHz
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H, Z77
DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Blue 4GB 1600MHz CL9 1.5V x2
Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2G
Asus LCD-LED VS238H-P 23'' wide
WD AV-GP, 3.5'', 1TB, SATA/600, 64MB cache
PSU Corsair CX 600W, 80 Plus Bronze

and it's a total of 1200$ :) 
April 30, 2013 12:03:17 PM

i suppose the dead silence means it's all perfect and i can go visit my bank ? :) 
April 30, 2013 2:26:11 PM

Joris said:
i suppose the dead silence means it's all perfect and i can go visit my bank ? :) 


Looks like a beast, be a bigger beast if it had 8 gigs RAM though.

As far your memory is concerned, I believe the only issue people have had with that sort of RAM is it's height. I guess with some aftermarket cpu coolers it can cause some issues. I haven't had an opportunity to build a system like this myself, I just work on office PC's all day. But that's an issue I've read about.
      • 1 / 2
      • 2
      • Newest
!