Sign in with
Your question

No POST, "SCSI Detect" error.

Last response: in Systems
March 1, 2013 9:10:59 PM

Hey guys,

So I'm in the midst of breadboarding my MoBo, and everything (I believe) is hooked up, but I'm not getting any POST beep and my MoBo is giving me an error code of "A6" which translates to "SCSI Detect."

It's an ASRock Z77 Extreme4 with an HD 7950 GPU connected (via DVI) to my monitor. The BIOS starts up fine, but I'm not getting a POST beep.

Previous to the A6 error, I was getting an A2 error, which is "IDE Detect," and I found that that sometimes happens when the monitor is connected via HDMI.

As this is my first build, I'm a teeny bit freaked out, so any and all help is much appreciated.

More about : post scsi detect error

March 1, 2013 9:46:02 PM

More info:

I haven't connected any drives to the MoBo.
When connecting the monitor directly to the MoBo, I get the same error.

I'd really like some assurance that this isn't a huge issue. Everything seems to be working properly, I'm just not getting that angelic single beep I was anticipating.
m
l
March 1, 2013 10:48:55 PM

Best guess is it is looking for an operating system on a hard drive. When there is no harddrive it spits out an error.

Hook up a hdd.
m
l
Related resources
March 1, 2013 10:52:49 PM

The BIOS error is that there is no hard drive detected

since you dont have one attached
[ and appearantly dont have a speaker attached either ]
your best course of action is to ...........

PLUG THE HARD DRIVE IN
m
l
March 1, 2013 11:02:47 PM

Hi,

I did a search online and it seems many people are having the same experience with this board as you are. They get those codes on the system board without a POST beep but everything runs fine inside of windows. None of the posts I saw gave a resolution for this problem, but where the pc is working they didnt see a need to pursue it further. If it is all working, I wouldnt worry too much about the POST beep as it seems to be common(?) with this board. If you are worried about it, I would send it back if its still within return period and choose a different model instead.
m
l
March 2, 2013 12:00:39 AM

Thanks guys. Got everything installed and lo and behold...that sweet, sweet chirp of success.
m
l
!