Network card not sitting in PCI slot correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief2112

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012
Just finished my first build and everything went pretty smoothly but my wireless network card wasn't working. I noticed after I opened it back up that in order for my to screw the card in place it made the right side of the card tilt up.

So I just set it in the PCI slot correctly but there's no way for me to screw the card in place. I know my MOBO is set properly. My graphics card fits perfectly.

What could cause this?

Solution
Sometimes the back metal bracket on the wireless card (it happens on pretty much all pci and pcie cards occasionally) is not aligned. There should be a couple small screws on the card that you can loosen and tilt the angle slightly to compensate and correct the misalignment. Then reinstall it and it should sit flush.

RealBeast

Titan
Sometimes the back metal bracket on the wireless card (it happens on pretty much all pci and pcie cards occasionally) is not aligned. There should be a couple small screws on the card that you can loosen and tilt the angle slightly to compensate and correct the misalignment. Then reinstall it and it should sit flush.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.