Sign in with
Your question

Gtx680 help

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 11, 2013 9:51:02 PM

So I received my card today, gigabyte gtx680 overclocked, the one problem is it has 3 fans and there are 2 screws connected to 2 plastic clips on each end. Well on the end that you do not screw to the case , the 2 black clips are broken, from shipping I'm sure. I just dot want to turn around another 1-2 weeks of waiting time and was wondering if there was some type of adhesive safe around computers that I could use to put the pieces back together?? If anyone has used or heard of anything that'll work it'd be awesome of you could share! My main worry is that the fans s&g down now and are hanging of just that one side. 1: it'll mess with the cooling because some of the fans aren't close enough to the actual card and 2: I dnt want t to snap off completely!! Please help! Thank you!

More about : gtx680

January 11, 2013 9:56:52 PM

Well, if I got a card that was physically damaged during shipping in any way, I would immediately RMA it without a second thought. But that's just me, I guess.

You'd probably have to post pictures for anyone here to have a reasonable shot at telling you if it's something you should worry about or not should you decide not to RMA.
m
l
January 11, 2013 10:13:37 PM

Well despite the damage I installed it everything run smoothly and no problems so far all the fans work also. I will post a couple pictures ASAP. I've just been waiting weeks for it and if it causes no problems and can be fixed it like to do that. Again, ill post some pictures thanks for the advice.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
January 11, 2013 10:25:36 PM

do not except a damaged card RMA while you can
m
l
January 11, 2013 10:30:54 PM

Jared485 said:
Well despite the damage I installed it everything run smoothly and no problems so far all the fans work also. I will post a couple pictures ASAP. I've just been waiting weeks for it and if it causes no problems and can be fixed it like to do that. Again, ill post some pictures thanks for the advice.

What country are you in that you're having to wait for weeks for it to show up?
m
l
January 11, 2013 10:39:26 PM

New England, United States, I meant I had been waiting to order it for a few weeks an took about a week to get here so it's just fusterating to hve it but not... If I were to send it back can I get overnight shipping there and back?
m
l
January 11, 2013 11:03:13 PM

Well you could but you'd pay an arm and a leg for it as you are typically responsible for RMA shipping costs.

I guess I'm just spoiled... I always order from newegg and the most they ever take to get anything to me is like 2-3 days.
m
l
January 11, 2013 11:16:28 PM

Lol it's my first order from newegg I order everything from amazon the same card was just out of stock, not exactly a good first impression. Haha. I will have to call and see what they can offer me.
m
l
January 12, 2013 1:02:02 AM

Yeah I live in Pennsylvania and Newegg has a shipping facility in NJ so they get thing to me pretty fast... I imagine they may have shipped to you from the same place but it takes way longer to get there :( 
m
l
January 12, 2013 1:18:58 AM

Yeah, im in Maine cant get much further away lol. But it did say it went through NJ. It took about 3 days to get there and 2 days from there to here. I wont be able post pictures of it until tomorrow, it so minor that's the only reason I even though about repair vs. RMA
m
l
!