Need Some critiquing On Custom Build Pc

SamthePcBuilder

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013
Hi I recentley took an emachines emachines el1210-01e, and put in some upgrades to try and run minecraft or tf2 around 100 fps.

It origiinally had a 1.6 ghz single core cpu. 4 gigs of ram, some bad graphics card and a whole bunch of other bad stuff.
I could only use 1.5 gigs of ram cause of vista

I changed the video card to an nvidia geforce gt 610, and the cpu to a
AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual core 2.6 ghz, i changed the operating system from a windows vista to windows 7 ultimate, and now i have 3.75 gb of ram avaliable. The Power supply is 240 watts.

I've installed all the parts except the cpu (which still hasnt come) I can play minecraft at 35 fps solid when i stay in a relative area, but as soon as i move and more stuff is loaded my 1.6 ghz single core cpu can't handle it

I'm wondering if the new cpu the 2.6 ghz dual core will able to boost my game performance on minecraft and tf2 to a solid 100 or so. I already have a decent graphics card for games that dont require that much.

But will my cpu help my computers gaming performance? Also is there anyway i can overclock the cpu?

Solution
Like try not running a game on the highest settings it can run, give your computer some room to relax. Since the issue will only be when you play games it would be wise to close programs you aren't using beforehand.

bryce325

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
It should be a much needed update which you will notice quite a bit.
However you greatly need to change your psu, your gpu alone takes at least 300 watts. So I would recommend you don't play any graphic intensive games until you get that updated asap.

bryce325

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
Well you might experience crashes, performance loss, and if it does crash you could have corrupted memory in your HDD. Or possibly have hardware failure and have it need replacing in the worst possible circumstance.

I would honestly consider moving to 400 or 500 since 300 would not meet the requirement for your full computer.

SamthePcBuilder

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013

could i run it with 300? thats the best supply i have laying around, the house i could get a 400 though

bryce325

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
Considering the minimum specs for the gpu are exactly 300 you will risk it however not much. You can try it but if it does start crashing stay away from intensive things until you upgrade.

It should run fine if you are careful I assume.

bryce325

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
Like try not running a game on the highest settings it can run, give your computer some room to relax. Since the issue will only be when you play games it would be wise to close programs you aren't using beforehand.

Solution