Reinstall-Old Files Remain

Dibiase007

Honorable
Mar 16, 2012
I reinstalled windows 7 a few days ago after picking up a virus cruising the internet

I guess I did not repartition the drive because my C drive is about half full although I have only installed 2 games and some small but important programs (pdf readers, internet browser, avg, etc).

I did the disk cleanup to remove old files but I dont know if Windows.old was removed or not since There are only 223 GB free on a 465GB drive.

I also noticed that all the old program files were still in a Program Files x86 file but it has now disappeared as well.

The other problem I have had is that my Users file has disappeared from C. I can access it by using the address bar and then hit properties, and either click or unclick show hidden and they reappear (did this for downloads) but I dont want to have to do that for every file and folder that has gone missing.

I have attached a screenshot of what my C drive currently looks like as there are also a number of strange folders and files that have appeared since I messed around with show/hide hidden folders in an attempt to access my App Data folders.

Thanks...hopefully my info was somewhat clear, otherwise please post w questions as well.

ps to give a better understanding to the extent of what has gone missing, I went to find paint after taking a screenshot and it seems even the accessories folder is not in my start menu along with any other "stock" folders. The only oens there are the programs I installed since reinstalling windows 7.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/849/20425218.png/

Dibiase007

Honorable
Mar 16, 2012
Suppose so...I might have to just reinstall and remember to repartition the drives to clear everything this time.
Last reinstall i had to do was when 7 came out so I suppose I forgot some steps. I think that may be the easiest way to delete everything and get my settings back