setting up "one touch" number string on 3595?

I've got a Nokia 3595 which I'm quite happy with. One question
which I couldn't find in the manual:

Is there any way to set up a key to send out
a pre-defined bunch of touch tones? For example,
when calling a bank and being asked to input
the account number.

Thanks.

(And if it is in the manual and I kept missin it,
feel free to call me a noodlehead...)

dannyb@panix.com
More about setting touch number string 3595

    On 28 Jun 2005 16:27:29 -0400, dannyb@panix.com (danny burstein)
    wrote:

    >I've got a Nokia 3595 which I'm quite happy with. One question
    >which I couldn't find in the manual:
    >
    >Is there any way to set up a key to send out
    >a pre-defined bunch of touch tones? For example,
    >when calling a bank and being asked to input
    >the account number.
    >
    >Thanks.
    >
    >(And if it is in the manual and I kept missin it,
    >feel free to call me a noodlehead...)
    put a w (press * key 4 times) between the phone number and the access
    codes and the phone will prompt you to send the code.
    NB it is not advisable to do this with banking as if you lose your
    phone anyone would have access to your account.

    HTH

    Alan
    Take DogForAWalk before replying by e-mail

    In <1406c1pfggbdnqfas8hli7ki8lv0drct33@4ax.com> alan.webb@DogForAWalkblueyonder.co.uk writes:

    >>Is there any way to set up a key to send out
    >>a pre-defined bunch of touch tones? For example,

    >put a w (press * key 4 times) between the phone number and the access
    >codes and the phone will prompt you to send the code.

    ahhh.... not exactly what I was hoping for, but it'll
    help a lot. thanks.
    dannyb@panix.com

    alan.webb@DogForAWalkblueyonder.co.uk wrote:

    > On 28 Jun 2005 16:27:29 -0400, dannyb@panix.com (danny burstein)
    > wrote:
    >

    >>I've got a Nokia 3595 which I'm quite happy with. One question
    >>which I couldn't find in the manual:
    >>
    >>Is there any way to set up a key to send out
    >>a pre-defined bunch of touch tones? For example,
    >>when calling a bank and being asked to input
    >>the account number.
    >>
    >>Thanks.
    >>
    >>(And if it is in the manual and I kept missin it,
    >>feel free to call me a noodlehead...)
    >
    > put a w (press * key 4 times) between the phone number and the access
    > codes and the phone will prompt you to send the code.
    > NB it is not advisable to do this with banking as if you lose your
    > phone anyone would have access to your account.
    >
    > HTH
    >

    > Alan
    > Take DogForAWalk before replying by e-mail

    Tried that on my Nokia 6260 and it didn't operate. What I tried was to
    access the answering machine at the number being called to obtain msgs
    which has a default number of "10." The cell phone brings up the window
    "send DTMF 10." And then I hit send, and it causes the answering machine
    to hang up. Yet if I physically input "10," after the machine picks up,
    it operates. Incidentally, what is DTMF?

    Miles

    Miles wrote:

    > alan.webb@DogForAWalkblueyonder.co.uk wrote:
    >
    >> On 28 Jun 2005 16:27:29 -0400, dannyb@panix.com (danny burstein)
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>> I've got a Nokia 3595 which I'm quite happy with. One question
    >>> which I couldn't find in the manual:
    >>>
    >>> Is there any way to set up a key to send out a pre-defined bunch of
    >>> touch tones? For example,
    >>> when calling a bank and being asked to input
    >>> the account number.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks.
    >>>
    >>> (And if it is in the manual and I kept missin it,
    >>> feel free to call me a noodlehead...)
    >>

    >> put a w (press * key 4 times) between the phone number and the access
    >> codes and the phone will prompt you to send the code. NB it is not
    >> advisable to do this with banking as if you lose your
    >> phone anyone would have access to your account.
    >>
    >> HTH
    >>

    >> Alan
    >> Take DogForAWalk before replying by e-mail
    >

    > Tried that on my Nokia 6260 and it didn't operate. What I tried was to
    > access the answering machine at the number being called to obtain msgs
    > which has a default number of "10." The cell phone brings up the
    > window "send DTMF 10." And then I hit send, and it causes the answering
    > machine to hang up. Yet if I physically input "10," after the machine
    > picks up, it operates. Incidentally, what is DTMF?
    >
    > Miles

    Belay that msg! Googled DTMF and now understand the acronym. Also for
    some strange reason the DTMF "10" suddenly started working -- after first
    trying "w" which didn't work several times, then tried pause "p" which
    did work, then back to "w", and it worked. I won't ask why.

    Miles

Nokia Communications