Closed

7950 3GB CFX vs GTX 670 2GB SLI

Which combo will be better for me to have right now in terms of pure gaming, smooth gameplay and futureproof? Which one will give better performance?
27 answers Last reply
More about 7950
  1. Need more votes everybody, I am caught up now in which setup to go for, thanks!
  2. hi wpuld go for the hd 7950 and are u running dual montiors
  3. I am thinking about running a few monitors in the not-too-distant future. For now 1080p gaming but I want either 7950 3GB Crossfire or GTX 670 SLi. Please let me know your opinions and thanks skitz
  4. well if ur going for dual monitors i would go for the hd 7950
  5. For single monitor, 1 of their the 670 or 7950 will work quite well, but I think the 7950 is the better option. Do you want reasons or just opinions?
  6. I already know that with multi-monitors and stuff eyefinity is more mature and works better then nvidia surround. Also at higher resolutions AMD seams to be more efficient. BUT, at 1080p right now and futureproofing myself for awhile and being comfortable playing at high/max settings with current new games coming out dual 670's will give me smoother gameplay and a realllly good fps. I don't want a single gpu solution. Bottom line.
  7. Are you going to overclock? If you are going to I would go with the 7950s.
  8. Yeah, i'm going to do some overclocking, and overclocking on my new cpu also 3570K or 3770K whichever I choose to go with I guess.
  9. 7950 would be a better choice especially since you will be overclocking.
  10. Dual monitors has no benefit with one or the other company. With gaming, you'd still only use one, the 2nd monitor only is used at the desktop.

    Anyways, this is why I'd choose the 670 SLI:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-geforce-stutter-crossfire,2995-5.html

    http://techreport.com/review/23981/radeon-hd-7950-vs-geforce-gtx-660-ti-revisited
  11. bystander said:
    Dual monitors has no benefit with one or the other company. With gaming, you'd still only use one, the 2nd monitor only is used at the desktop.

    Anyways, this is why I'd choose the 670 SLI:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-geforce-stutter-crossfire,2995-5.html

    http://techreport.com/review/23981/radeon-hd-7950-vs-geforce-gtx-660-ti-revisited
    +1
  12. Keep voting guys I am going to pick one based on the votes, I prefer NVIDIA over ATI to be completely honest but they cost more in the end. So I am going to go by votes. I definitely see smoother gameplay with NVIDIA though as well.
  13. GTX 670 has no bandwidth constraints like the 660 ti is almost as competitive if not better then 680 and is less money. AMD has been having issues with crossfire lately, and I kind of like NVidia more though, I need to hear more feedback I guess.
  14. More votes please.
  15. Who are those 8 guys who thinks that two 7950 are better than two 670 gtx...
    If not asking for value between the two, but performance and smoothness, it's just one way : two 670 gtx, cause they're a lot better in every possible way.
  16. bystander said:
    Dual monitors has no benefit with one or the other company. With gaming, you'd still only use one, the 2nd monitor only is used at the desktop.

    Anyways, this is why I'd choose the 670 SLI:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-geforce-stutter-crossfire,2995-5.html

    http://techreport.com/review/23981/radeon-hd-7950-vs-geforce-gtx-660-ti-revisited


    Actually the 7950 has 3gb of vram compared to the 2gb of the 660 so that will give the HD the step up on the dual monitors
  17. Yeah, I have been reading that all over the place Djangoringo, and I like Nvidia better then AMD in general. Need more votes lol
  18. ikes9711 said:
    Actually the 7950 has 3gb of vram compared to the 2gb of the 660 so that will give the HD the step up on the dual monitors


    Even if he would game across 2 monitors, which is a bad idea and I do not believe he is, 2 monitors would never use of the 2GB vram as playable FPS, unless using a lot of mods on a game.
  19. bystander said:
    Even if he would game across 2 monitors, which is a bad idea and I do not believe he is, 2 monitors would never use of the 2GB vram as playable FPS, unless using a lot of mods on a game.


    Lol, why even post on here if you are gonna put that kind of a response. I do plan on doing a setup like that, but maybe not right away see what happens.
  20. mf2385 said:
    Lol, why even post on here if you are gonna put that kind of a response. I do plan on doing a setup like that, but maybe not right away see what happens.


    The reason gaming across 2 monitors, is a bad idea, is the bezel will be right down the center of the action. If you want to use multiple monitors, you'll want 3, not 2.

    And many articles have been done on the subject of 3 monitor gaming, and more than 2 GB has never shown beneficial when the using playable settings, unless mods are concerned. (I figured you'd want that info, maybe you don't care?)
  21. Yeah I know lol, but anyway back to the topic at hand, not multiple monitors.
  22. bystander said:
    The reason gaming across 2 monitors, is a bad idea, is the bezel will be right down the center of the action. If you want to use multiple monitors, you'll want 3, not 2.

    And many articles have been done on the subject of 3 monitor gaming, and more than 2 GB has never shown beneficial when the using playable settings, unless mods are concerned. (I figured you'd want that info, maybe you don't care?)


    Yeah but he is right. about the monitors. Remember that for when you do get them. and i understand your trying to keep the thread on topic but you did discuss the possibility of more monitors in the near future. (and a little less sarcasm would have been nice too lol) :sol:
  23. Lol, go take more pictures outside your door of those beautiful women man, lol
  24. lol okay so which do you prefer? anyway to stay on topic good sir!
  25. So anyway let's stay on topic, this is an all out war AMD vs NVIDIA! GTX 670 2GB vs 7950 3GB in SLI/CFX! Let's do it!
  26. Keep the votes coming guys, this is getting interesting!
  27. mf2385 said:
    More votes please.


    mf2385 said:
    Keep the votes coming guys, this is getting interesting!


    Don't...

    Bump posts


    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/283384-33-read-first
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx SLI Graphics