Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Do I have enough power?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
January 11, 2013 11:28:43 PM

That PSU is of awful quality!!!
I wouldnt trust anything with it.
But yes it can run it although it may not last long.
Score
0

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
January 11, 2013 11:38:03 PM

Technically a 500W power supply is good enough but as blacknemesist pointed out that is a poor quality supply meaning it is unlikely to put out 500W. Do yourself a favor and upgrade the power supply to a 500W from Seasonic, Corsair, or Antec.
Share
Related resources
January 11, 2013 11:45:27 PM

jnkweaver said:
Technically a 500W power supply is good enough but as blacknemesist pointed out that is a poor quality supply meaning it is unlikely to put out 500W. Do yourself a favor and upgrade the power supply to a 500W from Seasonic, Corsair, or Antec.



I would quite like to get maybe, a 6 or 700W PSU, do you have any recommendations?
Score
0
January 11, 2013 11:46:19 PM

blacknemesist said:
That PSU is of awful quality!!!
I wouldnt trust anything with it.
But yes it can run it although it may not last long.


So you're saying upgrade? Or will I be fine?
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
January 12, 2013 10:52:18 AM

ThatGuySmyth said:
And this is a quality PSU? Should be able to handle the R7770?


Yes both psus are good..Corsair is one of the top quality brands and it should handle your r7770 with ease
Score
0
January 12, 2013 11:03:19 AM

determinologyz said:
Yes both psus are good..Corsair is one of the top quality brands and it should handle your r7770 with ease


Great, and whats your opinion on the graphics card?
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
January 12, 2013 11:06:36 AM

ThatGuySmyth said:
Great, and whats your opinion on the graphics card?


If thats your budget i think the card will work out. If you going to get into some real serious gaming you would need a better card
Score
0
January 12, 2013 11:24:25 AM

determinologyz said:
If thats your budget i think the card will work out. If you going to get into some real serious gaming you would need a better card


How? It will run most games maxed? What other hardcore gaming is there?
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
January 12, 2013 11:27:44 AM

ThatGuySmyth said:
How? It will run most games maxed? What other hardcore gaming is there?


The higher end the card the more frames/performance you will get.
Score
0
January 12, 2013 5:02:24 PM

Best answer selected by ThatGuySmyth.
Score
0
!