Closed Solved

GTTX 670 4GB Or GTX 680

23 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gttx
  1. The 7970 would be a much better choice than either of those cards. Faster. Cheaper. 3GB. Better overclocking.
  2. I'm asking about these two cards right now. I have always used Nvidia cards
  3. If you plan to SLI in the future, I'd go for the 670's hands-down. Especially if you multimonitor. If you want a single card and single screen, the 680 wins.
  4. EVGA GeForce GTX670 FTW+ 4096MB
  5. would the 670 and a i5-2500k @ 4.2 GHZ be fine or would i need to overclock more?
  6. buk laou said:
    would the 670 and a i5-2500k @ 4.2 GHZ be fine or would i need to overclock more?
    It be fine stock but 4.2 is a good overclock ;)
  7. buk laou said:
    I'm asking about these two cards right now. I have always used Nvidia cards

Anonymous said:
    It be fine stock but 4.2 is a good overclock ;)

Is PCI Express 2.0 fine or would getting a 3.0 mobo be the choice? My mobo is currently 2.0
  8. buk laou said:
    Is PCI Express 2.0 fine or would getting a 3.0 mobo be the choice? My mobo is currently 2.0

2.0 is fine.
  9. 680 man!!! if you have the cash a 670 is a stripped down core, the only thing I like stripped is women as in stripped of clothing!!
  10. redeemer said:
    680 man!!! if you have the cash a 670 is a stripped down core, the only thing I like stripped is women as in stripped of clothing!!

yeahhh but the 4GB dood
  11. buk laou said:
    yeahhh but the 4GB dood

Irrelevant outside triple monitor surround setups.
  12. 680 has more E-Peen than a 4GB 670, besides there is no way your going to use more than 2GB anyway. The 670 FTW 4GB is a great card as Bigcyco pointed out, but it the same price as a 680!! And no backplate???
  13. redeemer said:
    680 has more E-Peen than a 4GB 670, besides there is no way your going to use more than 2GB anyway. The 670 FTW 4GB is a great card as Bigcyco pointed out, but it the same price as a 680!! And no backplate???
    :lol: good point.
  14. The best thing to do here is grab a better 670 like the MSI PE 670 and use its Triple Over-Voltage and OC as high as you can! This is an excellent card well built, backplate etc.
  15. redeemer said:
    680 man!!! if you have the cash a 670 is a stripped down core, the only thing I like stripped is women as in stripped of clothing!!

wooooop
  16. redeemer said:
    680 has more E-Peen than a 4GB 670, besides there is no way your going to use more than 2GB anyway. The 670 FTW 4GB is a great card as Bigcyco pointed out, but it the same price as a 680!! And no backplate???

wooop
  17. The only way the 4GB will be useful is if you're running games in a resolution that the 670 doesn't have the power to perform anyways. Go with the 680, and ignore these AMD fanboys.
  18. AMD makes the fastest single chip available to the public graphics card market because NV is hiding old man kepler in a few thousand labs all over the world.

But they are bilking the tech for what it's worth after the 8 series comes out so will the nv full kepler gpu
  19. The 670 gtx 4GB FTW has a backplate, in my opinion it's worth if it's for a future SLI setup.
    Or else just get the 670 gtx FTW 2GB, the best value of those two.
  20. Guess it'll be the 680 then
  21. Best answer
  22. Best answer selected by buk laou.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Graphics Product