I've read the stickies and searched the forum for three days hoping to avoid posting an SOS, but you folks are the quickest and most experienced group in my book so I come to you!
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
MB: ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
CPU: Intel i5-2400 3.1GHz
GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 550 Ti
RAM: 4x4GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3
Monitors: single or dual 21.5" ViewSonic LED VX2250wm
Earlier this week after waking my PC from Sleep, my single monitor plugged into the first DVI port read "no signal". Booted into safe mode, everything appeared, so I inferred an internal (driver) error. Booting in Normal mode, I get MB splash and Windows loading bar, then I hear the Windows splash, but the monitor receives no input. Neither the second GPU port or the MB port give input. I took my PC into my studio where I use 2 monitors, and the right (always secondary, plugged into second DVI port) will display as the primary monitor -- no input or recognition of the left. Neither will work if both aren't plugged in. Device Manager identifies only one of the two plugged in: the R to the second port.
What I've attempted:
1. Clean wipe of display driver in safe mode, reboot. Screen displays! Rolling back drivers, even to what is packaged with GPU, gives same error. "Found New Hardware" installs NVIDIA driver v295.73, first port still faulty
2. System Restore: Any restore point "...did not complete sucessfully. [...] Details: System Restore failed to replace the file (C:\Windows\assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_32\Microsoft.PowerShel#\99ae5f [cut off] with its original copy from the restore point. An unspecified error occurred during System Restore. (0x80070003)"
3. Start-Up Repair: Did nothing as Windows starts up fine but cannot display
3. Unplug extra HDDs, reinstall card to PCI-express slot
What I've been suggested:
1. Swap PCI Express slots: Only haven't tried it because of the amount of time required, and would make some ports unusable
2. Use a lengthy process to fix EDID (http://blog.komeil.com/2008/06/fixing-edid-dvi-monitors...)
3. Ship it back (would put me out of business for >2 weeks)
Your suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time!
In Safe Mode, my monitor's Properties "VgaSave Properties" list Conflicting devices under Resources:
I/O Range 03B0 - 03BB is used by 2nd generation Intel(R) Core(TM) processor family PCI Express Controller - 0101
I/O Range 03C0 - 03DF is used by 2nd generation Intel(R) Core(TM) processor family PCI Express Controller - 0101
Memory Range 00000000000A0000 - 00000000000BFFFF is used by 2nd generation Intel(R) Core(TM) processor family PCI Express Controller - 0101
and the VgaSave Device type is listed as "Non-Plug and Play drivers". Could this have something to do with it?
An older, functional 8600GT card isn't working to even display boot-up, so I'm very scared it has something to do with the PCI-e slots. I'm going to try installing my 550 Ti in another computer and test everything. Does anyone have any idea of what could be to blame?