Rallicross keyboard stops responding after loading game

After installing Rallicross (Pentium 1500MHz, GeForce 5200) the game itself
runs very nicely - apart from one thing. Once an actual race has loaded the
enter and arrow keys on the keyboard stop responding, stopping me from
starting the race. This happens whatever controller I select, and happens
after reinstalling, restarting, updating, etc! Any ideas? Thanks.

"madlandrover" <madlandrover@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After installing Rallicross (Pentium 1500MHz, GeForce 5200) the game
> itself
> runs very nicely - apart from one thing. Once an actual race has loaded
> the
> enter and arrow keys on the keyboard stop responding, stopping me from
> starting the race. This happens whatever controller I select, and happens
> after reinstalling, restarting, updating, etc! Any ideas? Thanks.

Do you have any keyboard software installed, for like redefining soft keys
and things like that?

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

*Remove 'nospam.' to reply by e-mail*

Thanks for your reply. No, it's just a normal laptop keyboard. The other
thing I forgot to mention is that I can still use the mouse to scroll up and
down the race options menu, but it doesn't respond to being clicked any more.
When using "Instant Action", to remove my other controllers from the
equation, the arrow keys work fine to control the car, but do not work in
menus. Weird...

> Thanks for your reply. No, it's just a normal laptop keyboard. The other
> thing I forgot to mention is that I can still use the mouse to scroll up
> and
> down the race options menu, but it doesn't respond to being clicked any
> more.
> When using "Instant Action", to remove my other controllers from the
> equation, the arrow keys work fine to control the car, but do not work in
> menus. Weird...

Hmmm...

Try hitting CTRL+ALT+DEL and clicking the process tab and ending any process
that's running under your username (save any data first!). Try it then, I'd
bet something's in the background it's not liking.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.
http://www.windowsresource.net/

*Remove 'nospam.' to reply by e-mail*

Thanks. Again, no change... I might just have to resign myself to accepting
that it's an unusual setup - although trying it on a few other computers
might help, that I have yet to try! O well...