My toshiba sattelite laptop lag when playing call of duty

urukhai119

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
I just bought this new laptop toshiba satellite L745.
The specs are: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30Ghz , nvidia GeForce GT 525M with 4GB of RAM. The windows experience is 5.7. The harddisk is 480GB out of 582GB.

I use fraps to check my frame rate, and it shows around 30 - 50 frame rate when i was playing call of duty: Modern Warfare 1 (optimal settings) and 3, except for 3 i use the highest resolution. Both of them i played in single player,not online. But the graphic lag is the worst in COD MW1 than COD MW3 even though i use optimal settings and lowered the resolution. But there's no lag when im playing other single player games. I updated my BIOS and GPU and almost every necessary softwares for performance for my laptop and downloaded speed fan to monitor my laptop temperature. it's around 60C-80C which i think is normal when playing games. I scanned for viruses and found nothing. I also play Heroes Of Newerth and lagging and jerking when there's clash between heroes in the game. The ping is only around 40 to 100. But some people can even play nicely even when their ping is 200. Maybe because of the slow internet connection (150kb persecond)? cuz i use ethernet cable when playing online games,not wifi,thats why the ping is low?. Please help me.

urukhai119

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013

I did everything you said and it worked. But sometimes it had minor freezes like 0.5 sec or something. anything you can help with that ? but overall,i can play COD happily thanks to you :D and do you have any advice on my online games ? any tips to help? Thank you.