Sign in with
Your question

Google chrome problem

Last response: in Windows 7
January 31, 2010 10:03:39 AM

hey there!

i just finished with a fresh installation of windows 7 64 bi.I'm having a few problems with the OS,i installed google chrome 3 and it worked fine for a while until it crashed...it dint start back on after that. After a lil search i found google chrome 5 beta...and i installed it,the thing is the browser appears but it cant log into the net and instead i get a warning - application error.

"This application was unable to start correctly (0xc00000a5). Click OK to close the application)"

i tried the registry edit fix...still no go!

thanx :sweat: 

More about : google chrome problem

January 31, 2010 10:24:52 AM

the problems fixed my friends:)  yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
m
l
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
April 23, 2010 3:26:28 PM

How did you fix it? I got the same error. :( 
Thanks.
m
l
Related resources
April 23, 2010 5:03:33 PM

This is need to know information...I was planning on running Chrome when I do my install tonight or tomorrow.

m
l
a c 416 $ Windows 7
April 23, 2010 5:39:21 PM

Check if Google Chrome is set to work in compatibility mode. If yes, we need to disable the option to run in compatibility mode.

To change compatibility settings manually for a program, right-click the icon for the program, click Properties, and then click the Compatibility tab.
m
l
a c 416 $ Windows 7
April 23, 2010 6:31:04 PM

Don't forget to select the best answer for whomever helped you the most!

Glad you have it running!
m
l
April 23, 2010 7:29:02 PM

i fixed it :)  so u knw who gets the answer :D 
m
l
March 23, 2011 3:55:10 PM

Great you've fixed it. :bounce: 
Had the same problem and checked for Compatibillity Mode, which was turned off. So I turned it on (sellecting for all users). Which made the problem worse. Now the Window popup happened not only on a particular link, but as soon as I started chrome.
Turning Compatibillity Mode off again fixed everything.
I didn't check the registry, but it appears that even if Compatibillity Mode doesn't show up as ticked, it must still somehow be selected in the Registry. Turning it on and off seams a quick fix without the need to edit the reg.
Hope that this works for everyone else too:) 
m
l
March 28, 2011 4:00:07 PM

with the new versions of chrome, this problem is far from visible...

but even so, a dodgy win7installer causes chrome to act this way. Thus the need for registry fix and the compatibility check list
m
l
!