Bryston 2B output Transistor replacement

Last response: in Home Audio
May 10, 2004 12:40:44 AM

I need to replace the output transistors in my Bryston 2B Amp but the
number on the schematic cannot be found in the NTE cross reference can
someone give me a suitable Replacement Part. Also anyone familiar with
and adjustments needed on replacing the outputs, bias settings etc?.
Thanks.
Orville Phillips
Anonymous
May 10, 2004 11:43:19 AM

I made an eror the amp is a 3B
ophillips@yahoo.com (Orville Phillips) wrote in message news:<81090f5d.0405091940.6681fd84@posting.google.com>...
> I need to replace the output transistors in my Bryston 2B Amp but the
> number on the schematic cannot be found in the NTE cross reference can
> someone give me a suitable Replacement Part. Also anyone familiar with
> and adjustments needed on replacing the outputs, bias settings etc?.
> Thanks.
> Orville Phillips
Anonymous
May 10, 2004 8:59:05 PM

ophillips@yahoo.com (Orville Phillips) wrote in

> I need to replace the output transistors in my Bryston 2B Amp

Is the amp more than 20 years old? If not, then it is still under
warranty. Even if it is older, you should contact Bryston for the info or
help -- they may repair it for you anyway.
Related resources
May 11, 2004 6:37:45 AM

ophillips@yahoo.com (Orville Phillips) wrote in message news:<81090f5d.0405091940.6681fd84@posting.google.com>...
> I need to replace the output transistors in my Bryston 2B Amp but the
> number on the schematic cannot be found in the NTE cross reference can
> someone give me a suitable Replacement Part. Also anyone familiar with
> and adjustments needed on replacing the outputs, bias settings etc?.
> Thanks.
> Orville Phillips

You probably are better off going back to Bryston, but including the
numbers on the transistors and the numbers on the schematic might get
an answer from someone who does not have a schematic for this amp but
does have a reference other than the NTE crossbook.
Anonymous
May 13, 2004 9:07:27 AM

I contacted Bryston, based on the serial number the amp is approx 23
years old. They suggested I send them the module that is faulty. The
original transistors seem to be 2N6609 and 2N3773, I will make an
attempt to repair it myself if unsuccessfull I will send it to
Bryston.
As it is an older model I was realy wondering if there was anyone who
had done any moddification to this amp, for example the power supply
caps seem relatively small (physically, I need to check the
capacitance) what about taking some of the changes used in the 3B-SST
model and applying them to the 3B?
Thanks.
Orville.

!