CHRISTOFFS

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2002
I need to purchase a few dozen modules of RDRAM within the next few days here. My two choices of manufactures that I'll be purchasing from, will be either Viking or Kingston. I'm under the impression they relatively both the same as far as quality, compatiblility, etc etc goes. I'd appreciate any and all input from anyone that can offer any good advice or insite. THANKS AGAIN!!!!!

FatBurger

Illustrious
Why only Viking or Kingston? Get something that's higher quality.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

CHRISTOFFS

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2002
Well basically I need to buy a dozen 256mb modules. So, costs is the the most important factor. The bulk price I can get on either of them is almost exactly the same in costs. I'd like to get higher quality RDRAM for my own personal PC. I see most people advise on Samsung. Who are the high quality players in the RDRAM market? Crucial doesnt do RDRAM. Also, I've always perceived Viking and Kingston as good ram manufactures. Not cream of the crop stuff like Mushkin offers, but still very reliable and stable. Am I wrong in this perception of those 2 companies?
thanks chris

FatBurger

Illustrious
Yes, I would recommend Samsung RDRAM (based on what I've read around the web).

As for Viking or Kingston...I have had no experience with either, sorry.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

pr497

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
kingston is good if you're not going to overclock...not sure about viking though...maybe you should stick with <b><font color=green>Fatburger</font color=green></b> and get samsung...

<A HREF="http://gamershq.madonion.com/compare2k1.shtml?2649487" target="_new">P4 NW + DDR</A> = <font color=blue>Not Bad</font color=blue>