Wierd Nokia 6230i Problem - Anyone help me?

Just taken delivery of my new Vodaphone 'prepared' Nokia 6230i. Thing is,
it plays the ringing tone in 'Ascending' mode even though UI have selected
'ringing' mode in the settings menu. Any ideas?

=^..^=
5 answers Last reply
More about wierd nokia 6230i problem

    Marzie_Cat <marzie_cat@btopenworld.com> wrote:
    > Just taken delivery of my new Vodaphone 'prepared' Nokia 6230i. Thing is,
    > it plays the ringing tone in 'Ascending' mode even though UI have selected
    > 'ringing' mode in the settings menu. Any ideas?

    I managed to solve this by not listening to it for the first few seconds.

    miguel

    > "Miguel Cruz"
    > I managed to solve this by not listening to it for the first few seconds.

    Yes. I see how that could work were effectively.

    However, I was looking for fix to this problem involving the phone, not me!

    =^..^=

    Take it to your Nokia dealer, once they have the latest software available,
    which MIGHT cure this problem.

    I have the same situation :-(

    "Marzie_Cat" <marzie_cat@btopenworld.com> wrote in message

    > > "Miguel Cruz"
    > > I managed to solve this by not listening to it for the first few
    seconds.

    > Yes. I see how that could work were effectively.
    >
    > However, I was looking for fix to this problem involving the phone, not
    me!

    > =^..^=

    By³ 1 lipiec (pi±tek) gdy o godz. 2:01 Kevin I Chapple napisa³/a:

    > Take it to your Nokia dealer, once they have the latest software available,
    > which MIGHT cure this problem.
    >
    > I have the same situation :-(

    Officially it's not a bug, it's a 'feature' ;|
    http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/forum/showthread.php?s=b8d12f292ff506ae8087ead0d3814aac&threadid=61314&highlight=%2A6230i%2A

    --
    Pozdrawiam, Bartek
    2005-07-01 20:04:34

    Thanks for that Bartek, but it seems "much discussed". "If it is a feature,
    why is it not mentioned in the handbook?". "Why haven't later Nokias got the
    same "feature"?".

    Mmmm Fact or fantasy?? I'll still go along with the "It's another Nokia cock
    up, waiting for ANOTHER software fix".

    Time will tell.

    Thanks for your informative response, and link.

    Cheers

    "Bartek" <xgb.pupr@fvr.qbjvr> wrote in message
    > By³ 1 lipiec (pi±tek) gdy o godz. 2:01 Kevin I Chapple napisa³/a:
    >
    > > Take it to your Nokia dealer, once they have the latest software
    available,
    > > which MIGHT cure this problem.
    > >
    > > I have the same situation :-(
    > >

    > Officially it's not a bug, it's a 'feature' ;|

    http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/forum/showthread.php?s=b8d12f292ff506ae808
    7ead0d3814aac&threadid=61314&highlight=%2A6230i%2A

    > --
    > Pozdrawiam, Bartek
    > 2005-07-01 20:04:34

Nokia