Wierd Nokia 6230i Problem - Anyone help me?

Tags:
Last response: in Brands
June 30, 2005 11:10:33 PM

Just taken delivery of my new Vodaphone 'prepared' Nokia 6230i. Thing is,
it plays the ringing tone in 'Ascending' mode even though UI have selected
'ringing' mode in the settings menu. Any ideas?

=^..^=
Anonymous
June 30, 2005 11:10:34 PM

Marzie_Cat <marzie_cat@btopenworld.com> wrote:
> Just taken delivery of my new Vodaphone 'prepared' Nokia 6230i. Thing is,
> it plays the ringing tone in 'Ascending' mode even though UI have selected
> 'ringing' mode in the settings menu. Any ideas?

I managed to solve this by not listening to it for the first few seconds.

miguel
June 30, 2005 11:44:10 PM

> "Miguel Cruz"
> I managed to solve this by not listening to it for the first few seconds.

Yes. I see how that could work were effectively.

However, I was looking for fix to this problem involving the phone, not me!

=^..^=
July 1, 2005 5:01:51 AM

Take it to your Nokia dealer, once they have the latest software available,
which MIGHT cure this problem.

I have the same situation :-(

"Marzie_Cat" <marzie_cat@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
news:D a1i2a$jmo$1@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...

> > "Miguel Cruz"
> > I managed to solve this by not listening to it for the first few
seconds.

> Yes. I see how that could work were effectively.
>
> However, I was looking for fix to this problem involving the phone, not
me!

> =^..^=

July 2, 2005 12:09:36 AM

By³ 1 lipiec (pi±tek) gdy o godz. 2:01 Kevin I Chapple napisa³/a:

> Take it to your Nokia dealer, once they have the latest software available,
> which MIGHT cure this problem.
>
> I have the same situation :-(

Officially it's not a bug, it's a 'feature' ;|
http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/forum/showthread.php?...

--
Pozdrawiam, Bartek
2005-07-01 20:04:34

Thanks for that Bartek, but it seems "much discussed". "If it is a feature,
why is it not mentioned in the handbook?". "Why haven't later Nokias got the
same "feature"?".

Mmmm Fact or fantasy?? I'll still go along with the "It's another Nokia cock
up, waiting for ANOTHER software fix".

Time will tell.

Thanks for your informative response, and link.

Cheers

"Bartek" <xgb.pupr@fvr.qbjvr> wrote in message
> By³ 1 lipiec (pi±tek) gdy o godz. 2:01 Kevin I Chapple napisa³/a:
>
> > Take it to your Nokia dealer, once they have the latest software
available,
> > which MIGHT cure this problem.
> >
> > I have the same situation :-(
> >

> Officially it's not a bug, it's a 'feature' ;|

http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/forum/showthread.php?...
7ead0d3814aac&threadid=61314&highlight=%2A6230i%2A

!